• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLBL Suit Fit Critique

nytek

Reaction score
This is a 36R RLBL that I got off Gilt. My shirt sleeves are a little short, which is why you don't see much cuff, but the only alterations done were sleeves shortened and pants hemmed. Any suggestions for any other potential alterations.

IMG_2941.jpg

IMG_2938-1.jpg

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the back.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks pretty good.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, looks nice; the shoulders are a bit wide, but I think that's the style. Is that mouthwash or booze?

heaven7

Reaction score
It looks good. The sharp shoulder fits in well with these!

nytek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
Yep, looks nice; the shoulders are a bit wide, but I think that's the style. Is that mouthwash or booze?

It's rum and that's just how I roll
devil.gif

As a side note, the salesman at Saks kept insisting that I should go with a 38R. I'm assuming it's safe to say that the 36R is the right fit.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nytek
It's rum and that's just how I roll
devil.gif

As a side note, the salesman at Saks kept insisting that I should go with a 38R. I'm assuming it's safe to say that the 36R is the right fit.

the shoulders on a 38 would be huge on you.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
With the exception of the shoulders, the fit looks spot on.

literasyme

Reaction score
Largely sharp, however I'd say the chest is a bit tight -- lapels are buckling/bowing out. Are the vents flaring at all?

Dressed2the9s

Reaction score
Looks great! For off the rack. RLBL is one of my top 3 off the rack brands a guy should buy.
nod[1].gif

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
That's nice. The shoulders are a little hulking, especially for a suit that's slim, but it's not a deal-breaker. I'd personally have a tad bit more break.

jays978

Reaction score
Great fit man. After asking for suggestions and consulting others, I realized there is a certain foundation that one needs to learn when it comes to how a suit should fit, but above that it's up to the wearer. Do you like it slim or traditional? etc. If you feel good in it, that's all that should matter.

But I love RLBL suits and that is the standard I have forall suits so I'm a bit biased! =)

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by literasyme
Largely sharp, however I'd say the chest is a bit tight -- lapels are buckling/bowing out. Are the vents flaring at all?

Isn't that kind of the RLBL aesthetic?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads