• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLBL Suit Critique - Pictures

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'll certainly try to be as helpful as possible.

the pants to me look like they're hanging way too low.

I'm not convinced about the torso just yet, i'd like to see full lenght pictures.

Do you think that you could, for the sake of the picture, adjust the hem on the pants yourself (just fold them inward and adjust until there is a light break), so i can get an idea of how the pants hang.

Do the pants need to be let our, or are the fastened at the waist?

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
i'll certainly try to be as helpful as possible.

the pants to me look like they're hanging way too low.

I'm not convinced about the torso just yet, i'd like to see full lenght pictures.

Do you think that you could, for the sake of the picture, adjust the hem on the pants yourself (just fold them inward and adjust until there is a light break), so i can get an idea of how the pants hang.

Do the pants need to be let our, or are the fastened at the waist?

Sure, I will do my best to get the suit as presentable as possible for the next round of pics..

The pants have a strap that makes it seem like the waist can be adjusted... I don't know.. But naturally i think they fit a 31" waist and I'm a 32.5 so they would need to be let out at the waist.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that may why they look like they, they need to be adjusted a bit. Most slacks can be let out about 2" or so.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
And I get the opinion Haganah just doesn't like RLBL.
I have 3 RLBL suits. How did you hear about RLBL? Did it have anything to do with the stupidity of half of the posters in here who glorify RLBL because they don't know much about suits? If it worked for you, I would say so - it has nothing to do with liking or disliking the brand.
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
Why don't you think it works for me?
The problem is inherent in your question. Don't try to make a suit fit your body, try to find one that already does. Trust me it's a lot easier once you figure this out. I don't know how the suit will look once alterations are made to it and I hope it looks great no matter what, but can you tell me how it will look like an RLBL or be a decent price after all those alterations? The front pulls, the back of the shoulders have something awful going on and the seat of the pants needs to be cleaned up a lot. I don't know your body type but it looks like you're heavier in the center and the thighs - if not, that's how it looks to me when I see you in this suit. Also you're a 37 inch chest and a 32.5 waist so you have a low drop and I'm not sure suits like this are the best for you. You asked for opinions and that's mine. Feel free to ignore them and take the advice of others but either way I gave my opinion. I'm returning to my weekend of football so good luck.

Icarium

Reaction score
I still don't buy the 37" chest measurement. You might want to double check that - have somebody do it for you. Make sure the tape goes right under your arms and across your shoulder blades. You said you have really big pecs, besides being bigger than me in general. Unless you have absolutely zero back muscles, there is no way you measure the same as me. In a 38R of ANY brand, I look anywhere from drowning to a little silly.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
I have 3 RLBL suits. How did you hear about RLBL? Did it have anything to do with the stupidity of half of the posters in here who glorify RLBL because they don't know much about suits? If it worked for you, I would say so - it has nothing to do with liking or disliking the brand.

The problem is inherent in your question. Don't try to make a suit fit your body, try to find one that already does. Trust me it's a lot easier once you figure this out. I don't know how the suit will look once alterations are made to it and I hope it looks great no matter what, but can you tell me how it will look like an RLBL or be a decent price after all those alterations?

The front pulls, the back of the shoulders have something awful going on and the seat of the pants needs to be cleaned up a lot. I don't know your body type but it looks like you're heavier in the center and the thighs - if not, that's how it looks to me when I see you in this suit. Also you're a 37 inch chest and a 32.5 waist so you have a low drop and I'm not sure suits like this are the best for you.

You asked for opinions and that's mine. Feel free to ignore them and take the advice of others but either way I gave my opinion. I'm returning to my weekend of football so good luck.

After trying on lots of suits I feel like this fits my body better than many others. I think one problem is the flash is bringing out lots of details that aren't really there. The difference between how it looks in the mirror and how it photographs is quite astonishing. God I can't wait for my new camera to arrive.

Also, I don't see how it will not look like a RLBL suit if I get it let out a little? How will that change its distinguishing features: Thinner lapels, very high gorge, very trim silhouette, very high armholes?

Can you elaborate on what looks awful in the shoulders?
I still don't buy the 37" chest measurement. You might want to double check that - have somebody do it for you. Make sure the tape goes right under your arms and across your shoulder blades. You said you have really big pecs, besides being bigger than me in general. Unless you have absolutely zero back muscles, there is no way you measure the same as me. In a 38R of ANY brand, I look anywhere from drowning to a little silly.
I'm actually a 38.5..thanks for getting me to double check!

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Please ignore any sort of creasing / wrinkles appearing on the front side of the jacket.. that is not normally there and an example of why I'm irritated by this cheap camera. My main question now is: Given the pull on the front of the jacket and the slight tightness in the back, should I ask the tailor to "let it out." Apparently there is some room in these coats for them to be let out in chest / back...
RLBLSuit3004.jpg
RLBLSuit3002.jpg
RLBLSuit3007.jpg

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in my honest opinion, i would return it and buy something else, one of the polo cuts.

it looks bad in the mid section, the pants a bit too trim for you, and the sleeves are way too long, leading me to believe the jacket is also too long.

it doesnt do good for you, though i love RLBL, its not the right cut for you.

Icarium

Reaction score
Based on latest pics, I agree with ******. This suit does better with skinny dudes. It looks like it wants you to have a different body than you've got... On the plus side, nobody probably looks at you in disgust and says, "Eat a hamburger!"

I think you should do what I mentioned and just go out and try on everything you can find. You probably have a much more "normal" fit than people like me and ******, so you should find plenty that works for you instead of against you.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icarium
Based on latest pics, I agree with ******. This suit does better with skinny dudes. It looks like it wants you to have a different body than you've got... On the plus side, nobody probably looks at you in disgust and says, "Eat a hamburger!"

I think you should do what I mentioned and just go out and try on everything you can find. You probably have a much more "normal" fit than people like me and ******, so you should find plenty that works for you instead of against you.

lol I think my fat neck is influencing you guys. I'm 5'10, 160lbs soaking wet (and that is only because I've worked out hard the last two years).

Anyways, thanks for the comments. I will certainly consider returning it.

Icarium

Reaction score
Well you're my height and have got 20 lbs on me... 160 seems a nice, healthy weight. I've never been over 145 in my life.
smile.gif
You don't need to return it tomorrow... the decision, in the end, is your own. Go out there and look at what is available.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you're that far off, actually. Fix the pull, either through letting out a bit or losing a few pounds, and it'll look pretty damn good.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icarium
Well you're my height and have got 20 lbs on me... 160 seems a nice, healthy weight. I've never been over 145 in my life.
smile.gif
You don't need to return it tomorrow... the decision, in the end, is your own. Go out there and look at what is available.

That's true, I will take some time before I make my decision.. I was actually your exact weight until I got into weight lifting my second year of college.

James: When you say let it out, where do you mean?

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there's a bit of fabric left along the waist, you should be able to have them add some width and get rid of the pull. I think that would work.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Height and weight really don't have anything to do with it, it's how you're put together. You may only be 160lbs, but there's a big difference between a lean, very athletic 160lbs and just the average joe. I'm considering a similar suit, but only because my body proportions require me to buy a suit with this cut, or get MTM.

This being said, I don't think it looks too bad. If you would have paid a lot more, I'd say return it, but you got a good deal
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads