RLBL: More news

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Feb 10, 2005.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Apparently, RLBL shirts are made by Lorenzini and suits / sports jackets are made by Cantarelli. No, I have not seen any of the products, but from what I have been told over the phone, we are looking at:

Really slim suits, a la GQ article and very slim shirts that feature spread collars that match the lapels of the suits in their shortness.

If anyone resides in the NYC area, if you happen to be around the 70's and Madison this weekend can you waltz over to the Rhinelander Mansion and take a peek and post back what you see?

Edit: shirt prices start at $195.

Jon.

2. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

Are you sure the stuff will be there? It was my understanding stores weren't getting it until the 15th at the earliest. I'm planning on going to that store anyway, so if I do, let me know if there are any details in particular you want me to look out for.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I was told it was out on the floor and a sales associate was already wearing a shirt to demonstrate fit.

Yes, please let me know how the shirts / suits look. Especially the shirts:

How slim are they?
    What does the spread collar look like?
    Is it an angled split yoke or a solid yoke?
    Do the patterns match on the striped shirts?
    If they don't match everywhere do they at least match where the yolk meets the shirtsleeves?

Thanks.

Jon.

Edited for Context.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Is it an angled split yolk or a solid yolk? Do the patterns match on the striped shirts?
    Hard to match patterns with a split yolk...it's just too runny. [​IMG]
    Yes, I meant to say yoke. This is what happens when you multitask. I have to stop letting work interfere with my posting on the forum. Jon.

5. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

(mack11211 @ Feb. 10 2005,17:16) Quote Is it an angled split yolk or a solid yolk? Do the patterns match on the striped shirts?
    Hard to match patterns with a split yolk...it's just too runny. Â [​IMG]
    Yes, I meant to say yoke. This is what happens when you multitask. I have to stop letting work interfere with my posting on the forum. Jon.[/quote] Dammit man. Get your priorities in order. Dan

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(imageWIS @ Feb. 10 2005,17:26)
    Quote Is it an angled split yolk or a solid yolk? Do the patterns match on the striped shirts?
    Hard to match patterns with a split yolk...it's just too runny. [​IMG]
    Yes, I meant to say yoke. This is what happens when you multitask. I have to stop letting work interfere with my posting on the forum. Jon.
    Dammit man. Get your priorities in order. Dan[/quote] I really should... Jon.

7. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

Thanks for the information on RLBL again Jon. I am going to head down to the local Chicago store here and check to see if they are in yet. I would be curious to know if they will be doing MTM at all, and what the specs on the shirts are. They sound like they will compete against the Zegna's and T & A's of the world.

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

No prob, let me know what you find.

Jon.