• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLBL DB suit critique

intfxdx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

here is another suit critique request : special point is this is RLBL suit of size 40R, but i am a 38R mostly. It's a DB suit, i bought it on forum for a good price (i guess) so please let me know what do you think, do you think that fit is good ? it's 40 and i think 38 will be too small for me, especiall i have waist 33 for pants and this 40 has also pants 33, from that point of wiev it's really good (31" would be too small for me). so you think that Black label is not for me ?
the length of pants and sleeves are going to be taken of course. Thanks for suggestions.

Attachment 55572

Attachment 55573

Attachment 55574

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
looks decent enough. you can wear it to look good actually in most places you go.

however, for me, it isnt edgy enough in terms of the fit. i like a more narrowing and sleeker fit. especially when it comes to rlbl, or else i wouldnt get that brand.

you should buy according to your shoulder /chest size. the waist of pant is alterable.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good news and bad news....

Bad news: it is clearly too big, especially the shoulders, and too long.

Good news: 90% of the population wouldn't notice, 9% of them would notice but wouldn't care. The remaining 1%, well, just ignore them.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
Good news and bad news.... Bad news: it is clearly too big, especially the shoulders, and too long. Good news: 90% of the population wouldn't notice, 9% of them would notice but wouldn't care. The remaining 1%, well, just ignore them.
True, but he could still do better. I'd return this suit and find a 38

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617

+1.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617

I agree.

On the other hand, the OP did mention that he bought it from the forum at a good price.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I agree that it's too big, especially for a black suit which needs to be very sleek and clean to look good imo. Porbably need to take the loss and sell it. Hopefully, you kept the tags on if it was nwt.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree.

On the other hand, the OP did mention that he bought it from the forum at a good price.

LOL

OP - It is too big, but not atrociously so. A good alterations guy might be able to tweak it enough to make it 95%, although that's never a guarantee when you're starting with incorrectly-sized shoulders.

I'm actually wearing the last OTR suit in my wardrobe today. Its a - wait for it - RLBL suit that's a size too big. No kidding. I bought it about 5-5 years ago before I knew what I was doing. I've had LOTS of alterations done to it, gained a little weight, and it now fits well enough to wear to work. Certainly looks better than what 95% of the slobs at work wear. But its never going to be perfect, as no amount of alteration can correct the shoulders. Live and learn.

In the future, don't buy "bargains" unless its something that you were going to buy anyhow IN THE CORRECT SIZE.

Dmbig

Reaction score
Yup, jacket in the shoulders way to big. I would return it if you can...

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what height/weight are you, and what was the shoulder measurement?

intfxdx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
what height/weight are you, and what was the shoulder measurement?

i am 179cm, and 73kg... and the shoulders are 18.5". my chest is 38.2"
i really in doubt about what to do, i paid $350 for the suit. i think i can sell it on ebay easily with price that i bought it but do you think that for my next purchase it's better to take a 38 ? because it seems to me that 38 would be too tight for me.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's that big, actually (perhaps a hair, but not much) and I think a 38 would clearly be too small.

rain_dog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
so you think that Black label is not for me ? .

In a word, yes. No shame in that, it's not for me either. I think you really need broad shoulders and a large drop to wear them to best effect. Best bet is to look for suits in a different cut.

imwithtuxedo

Reaction score
Good news and bad news....

Bad news: it is clearly too big, especially the shoulders, and too long.

Good news: 90% of the population wouldn't notice, 9% of them would notice but wouldn't care. The remaining 1%, well, just ignore them.

This 1% would be SF members.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads