• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RLBL Corduroy Blazer

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love the blazer, love the look, not the price.

I see some of those in the B&S forums... at least 50% cheaper.

Also, if you go for black corduroy blazer, there are plenty of cheaper options (of similar quality, off course).

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black (or any dark color) corduroy is never a good idea imo. Corduroy is a fabric that gets softer and fades over time and black cords never look good after fading after a couple of wears. Best to stick to earth tones and lighter colors.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikej77
I would love to get some opinions on this RLBL blazer. I was looking to pick one up for casual wear with jeans.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

I personally like corduroy - I have several cord trousers, a few shirts, and a Zegna corduroy blazer - indeed great with everything from jeans to flannels. I'm not sure where you're located, but Century 21 in NJ/NYC have several RLPL and RLBL blazers for great prices (I believe $499 or less).

mikej77

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I am a little bit concerned with the price. Even with the additional 15% off I think I can do better. I used to live in NYC and Century 21 always had some good finds.

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Woodbury RL outlet has a couple BL cord blazers still in stock for $300 after the 50% discount. You should check if they have your size.

mikej77

Reaction score
Unfortunately since I am down in DC the drive would just be too far. If anyone finds one there in a 44R, let me know because I would buy it from you.

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They ship. No need to drive. Just call and check if they have it in your size.

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Black (or any dark color) corduroy is never a good idea imo. Corduroy is a fabric that gets softer and fades over time and black cords never look good after fading after a couple of wears. Best to stick to earth tones and lighter colors.
Never happened to me in sportcoats, and not that I'm a high-end shopper. I have a black sportcoat from Zara and a navy one from Polo RL.

I just try to avoid cleaning them unless necessary (spills or other spots that I can not get off with a brush and a little water) and always dry cleaning...

mikej77

Reaction score
Tried the outlet but unfortunately they only have them in 38R, no 44R. Oh well it was worth a try.

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike... In the same site (RL.com) there is the Princeton Corduroy Sport Coat in several colors. I think it will look good with jeans and the price is only ~25% of your original choice.

Also, if you're not married with the corduroy idea, there is the Knit Herringbone Club Blazer. USD 229 in all sizes. That jacket is gorgeous. Good for Jeans and for more formal pants.

And dont forget the code NOV1317 for additional 15% off

mikej77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by agavilanes
Mike... In the same site (RL.com) there is the Princeton Corduroy Sport Coat in several colors. I think it will look good with jeans and the price is only ~25% of your original choice.

Also, if you're not married with the corduroy idea, there is the Knit Herringbone Club Blazer. USD 229 in all sizes. That jacket is gorgeous. Good for Jeans and for more formal pants.

And dont forget the code NOV1317 for additional 15% off

Great stuff. Thanks for the heads up on both of those, I am going to check the store at Tysons Corner tomorrow to at least try them on. Thanks

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 135 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 252 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.9%
  • 31 - 40