• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLBL and canvassing

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
So I picked up this suit a few days ago as sort of a fashion-forward version of a basic, and as far as I can tell, it feels canvassed. AFAIK RLBL is made in Italy by Corneliani, but is at least partially fused. What's the deal with these? BTW it was NWT and this seller is very good, prompt and communicative.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6278&rd=1&rd=1

yup, i would have expected it to be fused, just based on the price alone.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I bought 2 or 3 on eBay around these prices (2 of them made in England). You should monitor eBay and/or set up searches.

Ranchsooner was selling NWT St. Andrews RLPL suits on here for like $550 or so. I'm not sure if his nearby outlet gets them on a regular basis or what.

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Ranchsooner was selling NWT St. Andrews RLPL suits on here for like $550 or so. I'm not sure if his nearby outlet gets them on a regular basis or what.

Unfortunately, the outlet does not get them on a regular basis. This was the 1st and only batch of RLPL suits that this outlet has had since it opened a year and a half ago. I am hoping that after the retail stores clear out their fall/winter inventory, that I will see some more this spring.

The suits gdl posted are made by Corneliani, and are quite nice. The black label suit that drizzt bought is made by Cantarelli. You can tell by the inside label and the hang tag on the sleeve.

Drizzt, I still love that PL suit you got from me. If it only had pleated trousers, it never would have made it out of my closet.
frown.gif

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lest this thread (and others) become an ongoing source of confusion, let me jump in and see if I have the lines right.

The ebay suit that drizz linked is one labelled as Polo Ralph Lauren, which many of us historically called "Blue Label" based on the label color.

The following pictures are not of a "Polo" suit, but are a different line that RL calls "Ralph Lauren Blue Label" or, I believe, "Ralph Lauren Signature:"

f810_1.JPG
f879_1.JPG

The Polo and Blue Label/Signature suits are at different price points and have different grades of construction.

Or do I have this wrong?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I bought 2 or 3 on eBay around these prices (2 of them made in England). You should monitor eBay and/or set up searches.
I search quite often, and I never find one in my size. :-/

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
SO all black label suits are fused?

I believe they were fused in the first season of the line. However, more recent ones appear to be sewn instead of baked into existence. At least, the two or three I saw on clearance at RL in Lenox Square (ATL) were all properly made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads