• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RL shoes

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
I was at RL today and the sa told me there is a new maker of their American and Italian shoes. They claim this change happened within the last month, and that RL will not reveal who the maker is. Are the loafers still made by Alden? Look like Aldens to me.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston
I was at RL today and the sa told me there is a new maker of their American and Italian shoes. They claim this change happened within the last month, and that RL will not reveal who the maker is. Are the loafers still made by Alden? Look like Aldens to me.

a post a while back said the bluchers/oxfords were AE. and they were $500 +!

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer

Yikes. The nail pattern is different on the heel of the penny loafers than anything AE does. Theyve got that same key pattern and nail pattern that church's has.

These particular shoes are 475.00 full retail. so about 350 with the discount.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=91&ty=47

BossTweed

Reaction score
Woman at RL in West Village conceded the new Made in America shoes were Allen Edmonds. Nothing special, unfortunately.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dare I:

22 September 2010

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sir, You are NOT authorized to award that. Please cease and desist, lest you desire a visit from the lawyers of the esteemed Voxsartoria.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BossTweed
Woman at RL in West Village conceded the new Made in America shoes were Allen Edmonds. Nothing special, unfortunately.

Wow. If so, theyve ripped off the pattern on the bottom of Church's shoes and are trying to charge hundreds more.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't handled them in person, but just looking at the pics on the website, I would be SHOCKED if it were AE who was actually making the new American shoes. The finishing and shaping look way out of their league. One could argue that perhaps it's a rebranding of the defunct Seven line, but that was made in Italy, so no dice.

BBC

Reaction score
FWIW, the previous rumor (edit: ^^ well, maybe it is AE) was that the new loafers were coming from Rancourt, which used to be owned by AE, but went independent again last year. Rancourt made the recent Ivy collection of shell loafers for Leffot and was the source of Ron Rider's new loafers.

The Rancourt-made Ivy loafers for Leffot

The Rancourt-made loafers for Rider

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
I haven't handled them in person, but just looking at the pics on the website, I would be SHOCKED if it were AE who was actually making the new American shoes. The finishing and shaping look way out of their league. One could argue that perhaps it's a rebranding of the defunct Seven line, but that was made in Italy, so no dice.

It might be AE?

350 sale price for the stitched penny loafer. It looked very nice in person. Hmm?

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBC
FWIW, the previous rumor (edit: ^^ well, maybe it is AE) was that the new loafers were coming from Rancourt, which used to be owned by AE, but went independent again last year. Rancourt made the recent Ivy collection of shell loafers for Leffot and was the source of Ron Rider's new loafers.

The Rancourt-made Ivy loafers for Leffot

The Rancourt-made loafers for Rider

RL = 475 retail....350 sale price. They look great on and look like the are made well. Good deal or no?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.