• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL Sanderson -- thoughts?

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would get the Jcrew one between the two. Unless you're getting either for cheaper than RRP, just go get the Alden cordo longwings.

FWIW, I read the made in US RL shoes are by Highland Shoe Company on a blog. Not sure though, but the soles do look the same as AE cordo shoes.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like either one of them. But if forced to choose between the two, I'd get the RL because of its less massive sole.

BossTweed

Reaction score
Is anyone gonna stop me from buying these at retail this weekend? I have an immediate need for a pair of longwings and the aldens are a bit to chunky for my taste.

BossTweed

Reaction score
Aha! But sleek longwings are not
teacha.gif

Which, coincidentally, is what I'm after.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which would be something like mafoofans aldens on the plaza last.

BossTweed

Reaction score
Hmm, I assume that's a different last than they typically make their longwings? I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I believe the typically use the Barrie last, I like the looks of the plaza, but I would use double soles.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My friend just bought a pair of these. They look nice, nobody knows for sure what company they are made by?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics