• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RL Sanderson -- thoughts?

bananananana

In Time Out
Reaction score
I would get the Jcrew one between the two. Unless you're getting either for cheaper than RRP, just go get the Alden cordo longwings.

FWIW, I read the made in US RL shoes are by Highland Shoe Company on a blog. Not sure though, but the soles do look the same as AE cordo shoes.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like either one of them. But if forced to choose between the two, I'd get the RL because of its less massive sole.

BossTweed

Reaction score
Is anyone gonna stop me from buying these at retail this weekend? I have an immediate need for a pair of longwings and the aldens are a bit to chunky for my taste.

BossTweed

Reaction score
Aha! But sleek longwings are not

Which, coincidentally, is what I'm after.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which would be something like mafoofans aldens on the plaza last.

BossTweed

Reaction score
Hmm, I assume that's a different last than they typically make their longwings? I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I believe the typically use the Barrie last, I like the looks of the plaza, but I would use double soles.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My friend just bought a pair of these. They look nice, nobody knows for sure what company they are made by?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.