RL Rugby

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by heavyd, Sep 21, 2006.

1. heavyd

heavyd Senior member

What's your take on this store? They are about to open one in Chicago.

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

RL does Abercrombie. Slim cut stuff, for the most part, with lots of skulls and the like. Think cricket sweater with big skull embroidered on it.

The store nearest here used to have all sorts of pictures of the Raj hanging up. Lots of British soldiers and their Indian servants. I found it very distasteful, but the pics had been removed last time I was in. I can't say I have much reason to go back.

3. Dan-

Dan- Well-Known Member

It's just another price point for RL. It's below Polo but above diffusion crap lines.

4. heavyd

heavyd Senior member

mmm interesting. spoke to a kid who is going to be the manager of the chicago store today. only 26. wants to go long w/ rl - maybe the next thom brown.

looking forward to the chicago opening, only a few blcks from A&F.

5. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

There's a store near my office. I've been unimpressed with the quality, and even less impressed with the design.

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's just another price point for RL. It's below Polo but above diffusion crap lines.

I don't think that's quite right. It's definitely Ralph's "young" line. It's stylistically very different from both Polo and the lesser lines.

I can't speak to the quality.

7. abc123

abc123 Senior member

I have two shirts from there (a seersucker bd and a striped ocbd). They fit me well, and I like the style, but they seem to have rather shoddy worksmanship (ie the buttons aren't sewn on tightly, and I won't be suprised if they start falling off after a wash or two). I find it a fun store to browse in, but the quality just isn't good enough for me to want to buy much.