1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RL purple label suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by goldencs, Apr 2, 2016.

1. goldencs

goldencs Well-Known Member

2. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

The measurements that the seller has provided look right for a 38R.

3. goldencs

Any guess why the price is so low? Less than 10 percent of the listed price?

4. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

Something seems sketchy, because the listings keep getting ended and relisted every day or less.

5. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Just to make sure there's no confusion, goldensc -

Although the title you chose for this thread is "RL Purple Label Suits," and in your initial post to this thread you refer to suits, you do realize, I trust, that the eBay auction in question is not for a suit. It is for a jacket/sport coat.

I did, just now, search eBay for "ralph lauren purple label (sport coat,sports coat,jacket)," in Completed/Sold listings, in the category Mens Clothing:Blazers & Sport Coats, and limited results to "New w/Tags." Even ignoring past listing by the same seller as the one in the auction to which you refer, prices tended to be in the hundreds of dollars - not thousands. So the price being asked by the seller in the auction you mention seems about average - certainly not "unbelievably low."

As I have little experience with RL Purple Label jackets, I have no idea whether they usually sell for $3695 in the real world. Maybe they do. I simply couldn't say. For all I know, they may have an MSRP of $3695, but sell all the time, at nice brick and mortar stores, for far less than that. I wouldn't know.

I do have experience with Brooks Brothers jackets (and suits, pants, shirts, etc.). I routinely see them selling on eBay, often in condition ranging from "Like New" to "New, with Tags," for a fraction of what sell for in a Brooks Brothers store. I would have no difficulty believing that something similar holds true for Ralph Lauren.

6. goldencs

Thanks a lot for the reply. Isn't it right RL purple label is as prestigious as Tom Ford or Kiton?

7. GBR

GBR Senior member

8. goldencs

Not sure of that. However, I assume RL purple label is close to Kiton or Tom Ford.