1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RL Purple Label pants sizing question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TRINI, Nov 26, 2007.

1. TRINI

TRINI Distinguished Member

Hi All,

Quick question - do RLPL pants run true to size? Or are they vanity sized upwards?

Thanks in advance.

2. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Distinguished Member

On the forward pleat plants I find they run true to size, but the flat front ones I usually go up 1 size because of the thighs. If you have muscular thighs go up one size.

3. ColeFieldHouse

ColeFieldHouse Senior Member

On the forward pleat plants I find they run true to size, but the flat front ones I usually go up 1 size because of the thighs. If you have muscular thighs go up one size.
    +1

4. TRINI

TRINI Distinguished Member

Thanks gents.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Stylish Dinosaur

Quick question - do RLPL pants run true to size?

True to size, in my opinion - the tagged size is always very close to the actual internal waist (for instance, the RLPL size 28 double-forward pleated pair I have for sale measure at 28.25" internal waist).

Though the point about very muscular thighs needing to size up with some makes of flat fronts sounds about accurate to me. I ran into the same problem with Brioni and needed a little retailoring done to get a pair of trousers to fit at the thighs despite the waist being nearly perfect.

6. Leslierc

Leslierc Senior Member

I have even gone up a size on a few pairs of the forward pleated trousers. As a side-note, it's great when you can get them on sale too!