RL Purple Label pants sizing question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TRINI, Nov 26, 2007.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Hi All,

Quick question - do RLPL pants run true to size? Or are they vanity sized upwards?

Thanks in advance.

2. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

On the forward pleat plants I find they run true to size, but the flat front ones I usually go up 1 size because of the thighs. If you have muscular thighs go up one size.

3. ColeFieldHouse

ColeFieldHouse Senior member

On the forward pleat plants I find they run true to size, but the flat front ones I usually go up 1 size because of the thighs. If you have muscular thighs go up one size.
    +1

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Thanks gents.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Quick question - do RLPL pants run true to size?

True to size, in my opinion - the tagged size is always very close to the actual internal waist (for instance, the RLPL size 28 double-forward pleated pair I have for sale measure at 28.25" internal waist).

Though the point about very muscular thighs needing to size up with some makes of flat fronts sounds about accurate to me. I ran into the same problem with Brioni and needed a little retailoring done to get a pair of trousers to fit at the thighs despite the waist being nearly perfect.

6. Leslierc

Leslierc Senior member

I have even gone up a size on a few pairs of the forward pleated trousers. As a side-note, it's great when you can get them on sale too!