1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RL Purple Label pants sizing question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TRINI, Nov 26, 2007.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Hi All,

Quick question - do RLPL pants run true to size? Or are they vanity sized upwards?

Thanks in advance.

2. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

On the forward pleat plants I find they run true to size, but the flat front ones I usually go up 1 size because of the thighs. If you have muscular thighs go up one size.

3. ColeFieldHouse

ColeFieldHouse Senior member

On the forward pleat plants I find they run true to size, but the flat front ones I usually go up 1 size because of the thighs. If you have muscular thighs go up one size.
    +1

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Thanks gents.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Quick question - do RLPL pants run true to size?

True to size, in my opinion - the tagged size is always very close to the actual internal waist (for instance, the RLPL size 28 double-forward pleated pair I have for sale measure at 28.25" internal waist).

Though the point about very muscular thighs needing to size up with some makes of flat fronts sounds about accurate to me. I ran into the same problem with Brioni and needed a little retailoring done to get a pair of trousers to fit at the thighs despite the waist being nearly perfect.

6. Leslierc

Leslierc Senior member

I have even gone up a size on a few pairs of the forward pleated trousers. As a side-note, it's great when you can get them on sale too!