• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RL Polo Shirt Sizing?

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
I'd like to try RL's "Create Your Own" polo shirt service via their website, but they seem to have some inconsistent sizing instructions on their website. I have never bought a RL Polo before (typically wear Burberry and Lacoste) and was hoping someone could help me out.

I am looking for an appropriate size that correlates to a 44" inch chest - I'm thinking its a Large, though on one spot on the page they mention it being a Medium - Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Panzer

bch

Reaction score
I'd like to try RL's "Create Your Own" polo shirt service via their website, but they seem to have some inconsistent sizing instructions on their website. I have never bought a RL Polo before (typically wear Burberry and Lacoste) and was hoping someone could help me out.

I am looking for an appropriate size that correlates to a 44" inch chest - I'm thinking its a Large, though on one spot on the page they mention it being a Medium - Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Panzer
I wear a 42 jacket (43" chest) , and the XL "custom fit" is perfect for me across the shoulders and thu the chest. I think the standard polos are 1 size larger than marked vs. the custom fit, so I would wear a L in those. Your mileage may vary.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Custom-Fit I think is more true to size, whilst Regular-Fit is "˜generously cut'. I wear a size 36 S (or R if it is Neapolitan-made) suit, and the arms, body, and neck of a Small Custom-Fit from RL fits me perfectly, not too tight, not to lose, like Goldilocks I find it just right. However, the length is a bit too long for my tastes for a shirt that is meant to be worn out. I am short, and my stomach is straight, i.e. it does not bulge to take over some of the length of the shirt, thus perhaps to others the shirt fits a-ok.

Jon.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.