• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RL Darlton Wingtip style

intfxdx

Reaction score
Hello,

I really like RL Darlton wingtip but too expensive for my budget, even with 40% of discount. Could you tell me another shoes with same style with price tag not more than 200-250 $ ? I mean the quality lower than Darlton but similar style(leather or suede) to wear with Chinos mostly. Thanks for your suggestions.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would try to find the Alden 966 on deep discount.
$285 here depending on your size.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why T? That's a handsome shoe in tan. The black model was an example of how cheaply they can be had with some searching.

And Alden will give you a new box, too. Bonus.

intfxdx

Reaction score
http://www.alfredsargent.co.uk/ASSho...0and%20Country

What do you think about this one as a substitute, alden blucher is nice looking but hard to find a good deal, and if i remember well i read in the sf that alden's are too expensive for quality it offers, correct ? I found this Alfred Sargent at a price of 150 GBP. Do you think that it's better than Alden ?

Ged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
Hello,

I really like RL Darlton wingtip but too expensive for my budget, even with 40% of discount. Could you tell me another shoes with same style with price tag not more than 200-250 $ ? I mean the quality lower than Darlton but similar style(leather or suede) to wear with Chinos mostly. Thanks for your suggestions.

Where do you get 40% off Darltons, that's what I want to know??!!

Ged

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
http://www.alfredsargent.co.uk/ASSho...0and%20Country

What do you think about this one as a substitute, alden blucher is nice looking but hard to find a good deal, and if i remember well i read in the sf that alden's are too expensive for quality it offers, correct ? I found this Alfred Sargent at a price of 150 GBP. Do you think that it's better than Alden ?

The AS model closer to the Darlton is the Regent (calf with double leather sole)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.