• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RL Blue Label Suit-

darkstar

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

First off, wanted to thank everyone on this board as I have been lurking around and learning all tons of stuff. Looks like I will be working for a company in business attire, so its time to get a bunch of suits again.

I have the opportunity to pick a Polo Ralph Lauren Blue label suit - made in Italy in great condition at my local consignment shop ($50.00). I have never bought anything pre-owned, but given that I need to completely build up my wardrobe, I am thinking it makes sense to pick up a couple of suits this way.

Anyway, I searched the forum but could not find out if these suits are fused or half-canvassed.

Would appreciate any info you had and your thoughts on this line.

If it helps, I am short with an athletic build (5'7 and 165lb) and typically wear a 42S.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Rich

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If what you say is true, and the suit really is blue label, made in Italy, then it's made by Corneliani and should be half canvassed.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought a suit like this from a forum member and it fits me great. i mean its only $50, if it fits you well go for it.

darkstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
If it was made in the U.S. (an older model), it should be fully canvassed. If in Italy, then most likely half.

It has the "Polo" label, right?

yes

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried it on in person? Your measurements suggest a larger than usual (with 6" being the industry standard) chest to waist drop, so if the jacket fits, it's likely you'll want the trousers waist taken in. The cost of this, as well as any additional alterations, also needs to be taken into account.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's