• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL Black Label suit - have some questions about price and fit

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't $850 for a RLBL suit a good price? Unless you get lucky with the color (Charcoal or navy) and the size, rarely have I seen a RLBL suit for less than that price. The couple that I have seen get bought out here on B&S in about an hour.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix
Isn't $850 for a RLBL suit a good price? Unless you get lucky with the color (Charcoal or navy) and the size, rarely have I seen a RLBL suit for less than that price. The couple that I have seen get bought out here on B&S in about an hour.

it's not a bad price. I've paid the same for a charcoal suit in 38r from rlbl. That being said, I've also purchased one here on the forum in navy for only about 600. This is all in perhaps the most popular size they make. Having said that, it's still a good price for a very nice looking and high quality suit. You wouldn't regret it but you might see it on sale for less at some point down the line.

gbrown_nyc

Reaction score
Great suits. I pull them off the rack and they fit like a glove. They also seem to wear relatively well and put up with lots of suitcase abuse. As long as you're comfortable with a slim silhouette I think they work great for business or social. Not too conservative, not too traditional.

And the price is good. I just bought one yesterday at Bloomingdales that ended up being $750 with a dizzying array of discounting that I could barely follow. This was for a 40R which I find tough to get bargains on and in fact have paid full retail for more than once in the past, I just can't resist the Black Label fit.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix

I agree with this. As stretched as I am currently, I would probably still bite on a navy if I could get it in my size (that would need to be $850 Canadian, given the shyte exchange currently
plain.gif
)

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$834 is a decent price for Black Label. If you're patient AND lucky you might find one for less in your size. I know they make 36S because I actually tried one on at one of the stores. There was only one however, so it's probably hard to find. One other thing. Is the $834 price after you've applied the most recent sales code? If not, see if they'll give you the 30% with HOL2008.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a BL suit and it fits amazingly OTR. The only thing I did was get the pants hemmed. I have a 44" chest so normally I get 42R, but I got a 44R for the BL suit and it was perfect. It is the best suit I own hands down...but I only have two others.

Oh and last thing, I have a 33-34" waist, and normally 44Rs come with 36-38 pants. But this one came with a slim 34 pants with side tabs. Perfect; saved me another $20 or so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads