• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RL/BB Shirt Fit

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
How do the custom/classic fits of PRL compare to the fits of RLBL and RLPL? As well as to the fits of the BB slim-fit and extra-slim fit shirts?

bananananana

In Time Out
Reaction score
from baggy to slim

BB slim fit, RLPL, PRL, BB ESF, RLBL

BB ESF's have around the same measurements in the chest and waist as RLBL I think, but RLBL has higher armholes/slimmer sleeves.

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
When you listed PRL, I'm guessing you mean PRL custom fit?

And if RLPL is so baggy, is it even worth buying (off SF or at outlets) and tailoring?

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ILikeBacon

And if RLPL is so baggy, is it even worth buying (off SF or at outlets) and tailoring?

RLPL may have exclusive fabric that you can't get elsewhere. If the fit is close, you can easily get the shirts altered.

vida

Reaction score
RL Black Label is the slimmest filt. It also has high arm holes and narrow sleeves. The BB extra slim is close but is without the slim sleeves. Additioally, BB using "shirring" on the cuffs which makes the sleeves puff out like a piriate's blouse. Why BB can't simply finish a shirt by tapering the sleeve into the cuff just confounds me!

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ILikeBacon

Well, it's not that baggy on everyone. Plus if you're planning to go tieless, all you have to do is size down one half.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.