1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Riveria slacks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Apr 29, 2005.

1. demeis

demeis Senior member

I'm about to pick up 4 pairs or Riveria slacks in super 100's and 120's from STP (anyone got a code?) Was wondering what hte quality is like. I have heard they are a step up from Ballin and a step down from Zanella? are they worth at 59.95 in s100's and 79.95 in s120s?

2. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

Do you mean Riviera? If so, I see them regularly at discount stores for around $50-60. I'm pretty sure those weren't s120's fabric though. I think the quality was average, but I must admit I've never owned any or even tried them on.

3. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

Riviera slacks have been made and sold in Canada for
    years. They were (are ?) sold in Canadian department stores
    like the Bay or Sears (formerly Simpsons) and the now defunct
    Eatons. The quality is "OK", and at the price points you quote,
    they are probably worth it. I would suggest buying only one
    and decide for yourself. IMHO you can do a lot better than Riviera.

4. Ed13

Ed13 Senior member

Riveira are common in golf shops such as Golf Town around Toronto. I am no expert but the quality of fabric doesn't seem to be close to Zanella. They seem to be on sale at Winners stores in Canada all the time and often make it to the clearance sections. Most of my odd trousers are Samuelsohn, a much better buy in my opinion and only fractionally more expensive.

5. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

This is the latest 20% off code I've seen: 32905

I can't vouch for it still working, but apparently it was a couple of days ago. This riddle may still work for free shipping (place it in the questions/comments box):

6. demeis

demeis Senior member

I ended up buying four pairs and will let you know. I needed some trousers and was sick of looking on ebay and Marshalls etc. trying to find a good deal on slacks so just decided to go with these. I know i guy i work with just decided to start selling them at his store as something inbetween ballins and zanellas (at a $225 price point for 120's). So will let you know once i get them. DIdn't think it was a bad deal with the 20% off (which still works i found the old thread but thanks for reposting) and according to STP i saved $475.00. Any more info would be appreciated.