• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ritchie Shoes - anyone ever heard of this company?

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
I found a pair of not-quite-balmoral boots (they're bluchers), and on the heel cushion was written, "Ritchie Shoes for Men - Sanitized". No indication of where the shoes were made, but there is a serial number on the inside and the only size marker is an "E".

They're black, calf, captoes, with goodyear-welted leather soles (270 degree) and speed hooks at the top. I have no clue how old these would be (though the shape of the lettering reminds me of ads from the 40s and 50s), but I'm guessing because of the "z" in sanitized they were made in North America. I know there are some shoe historians here, so I thought I'd throw this one out. I'll post pics, if it helps.

Geoff

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.