1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

RISING SUN denim store in Pasadena (LA)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

The Barn Burner....

ugh it still sucks unfortunately. I thought it would really be good, coming from the owners of El Cholo, but it's cheap and tastes it. Great place for a healthy dose of gristle in your Que

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

The Barn Burner....

ugh it still sucks unfortunately. I thought it would really be good, coming from the owners of El Cholo, but it's cheap and tastes it. Great place for a healthy dose of gristle in your Que

After a long night of barhopping at Moose's and Q's?

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

After a long night of barhopping at Moose's and Q's?

get out of 2002 boss, Moose's is now "Fred's Mexican Cafe" and Q's is Barneys Beanery

next thing you'll be raving about these sick new jeans called "APC New Standards"

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

rofl Qs

5. whodini

get out of 2002 boss, Moose's is now "Fred's Mexican Cafe" and Q's is Barneys Beanery

next thing you'll be raving about these sick new jeans called "APC New Standards"

No, I wasn't thinking of Q's then. I was thinking of the place across the street from Barney's on the same block as Lucky's. Their smoker's cage faces the alley in the back.

6. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

I don't know how you can have a BBQ joint and not offer a good biscuit on the side

I've never heard of a biscuit w/ BBQ. In Texas you get meat, pickles, onions and a bag of white bread.

7. ok1234

ok1234 Well-Known Member

random question...but i might as well post it here since this thread is bumped...

can anyone recommend me a good drycleaner in the pasadena area?

looking to dryclean some BoO shirts and a suit

THANKS

8. w.mj

w.mj Senior member

Further thread derail,

Let's all take a moment and appreciate just how great Pasadena is. The whole Fair Oaks / City Hall / Arroyo / CalTech area is just beautiful. I love the East Coast, but walking along a Pasadena sidewalk on a summer's day, past a whole row of Craftsman houses, with Art Deco touches and tree-lined streets is hard to beat.

9. whodini

Further thread derail,

Let's all take a moment and appreciate just how great Pasadena is. The whole Fair Oaks / City Hall / Arroyo / CalTech area is just beautiful. I love the East Coast, but walking along a Pasadena sidewalk on a summer's day, past a whole row of Craftsman houses, with Art Deco touches and tree-lined streets is hard to beat.

Yeah, it's just too bad about Old Town.

10. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

This should be changed to the Pasadena thread.

or food in Pasadena thread.

11. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

I have to go to a wedding in Pasadena this August. Groan.

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Further thread derail,

I don't know, I've lived by Pasadena all my life; it's not sure, but I'm not seeing the 'greatness'. Grass is probably greener on the other side I suppose.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

random question...but i might as well post it here since this thread is bumped...

can anyone recommend me a good drycleaner in the pasadena area?

looking to dryclean some BoO shirts and a suit

THANKS

check out "fashion cleaners" on corner of Fair Oaks and California. It's one of those new "we dont use harmful chemicals" cleaners, i've had some stuff cleaned there and seemed good enough. For suits you can't beat French's Cleaners on Lake Ave, south of California across from Noah's Bagels. They are $$$ but probably the best dry cleaner in the city for years, been around forever.

Had Gus' BBQ last nite with friends while Lakers KICKED ASS - f'ing Derek Fisher is the man..!!!!! place was packed of course, and I have to recommend their Jack's Mac and Cheese if yer into that. Really damn good, with truffle oil, bacon, mushrooms, bread crumbs baked on top of course.....all the stuff you want in a solid mac n cheese. Better than the one at Elements Kitchen and a tad cheaper (and you get more)

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I have to go to a wedding in Pasadena this August. Groan.

it's gonna be like 100+ degrees then, if form holds true

15. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I wouldn't mind do a collab with Michael