1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RISING SUN denim store in Pasadena (LA)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Aug 20, 2006.

1. theom-

theom- Senior member

Went to Rising Sun today. The interior is f'ing awesome and chain hemming is on site and $15, which is reasonable in my opinion. Jeans themselves are not really my cup of tea. But anyway, as I drove by on Fair View I noticed the guy just lounging there looking bored out of his mind, on the walk back he was still idling. Kind of feel for the guy, poor choice of location tbh, Pasadena's more of a hotspot for TR than for Americana.

I think its a bit over done and pretentious.

2. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Yeah I checked it out the other day too. Apparently most of the jeans they make are true to the period jeans. They make em exactly how they did in the late 19th century. Pretty cool, but the guy wasn't super polite though.

May have been the way you came across.

He has a mildly threatening manner but the more I talked to him the more I realized that was just how he was. He was pretty cool and even showed me the back where they had their sewing machines.

3. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

Since this thread is the pseudo Pasadena thread, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good, affordable tailor in the area. Thanks!

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

what y'all got on San Diego

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

what y'all got on San Diego
    Ghost town, albeit a very nice one.

6. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

wow really? I remember there being tons of dining options. Hodad's may have been one of the best burgers I've ever had, not to mention bbq at Phil's.

i guss if you mean outside of dining, there's really nothing else to do but beaches. I'm going parasailing / kayaking hope that'll be fun

7. whodini

whodini Senior member

Nah, SD is fine. Gaslamp can be kinda douchey at times but there are a few decent spots. I'm a fan of PetCo, too. I guess I'm kind of burned out after the college scene down there, especially in PB. Now when I go down it's either to hit the driving range, rent a wave runner at mission bay, or drink margaritas all day.

For food it just depends on what you're looking for. It's too bad Old Town is pretty much shit these days. For something a bit "different" I like El Prado at Balboa. Decent food. Also Little Italy has a couple of good cheap spots.

8. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

details on renting a waverunner? place/price that sounds like fun

edit: shieeeeeeeet its like $100 for 1.5 hours, already doing too much expensive shit

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

details on renting a waverunner? place/price that sounds like fun edit: shieeeeeeeet its like $100 for 1.5 hours, already doing too much expensive shit
    TOTALLY worth it. Get a friend and split the difference.

10. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

TOTALLY worth it. Get a friend and split the difference.

thanks for the sugestion, it's def on the list. parasailing is about $140 for two and going to be fkn great. kayaking at the sea caves is pretty cheap, i think i can still squeeze this in if I skip out on the whole fine dining thing.

perhaps I should cancel ms. sense's massage and do this instead. (and buy massage oil for the hotel and do it myself)

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

Yeah, good call. If you're bringing the missus you should take her over to Coronado to hit the shops and beach. I usually hit the Del for a beer break.

12. oshen

oshen Senior member

13. whodini

whodini Senior member

14. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

wtf is that about?

Rumor has it a few forum members swung by the store this afternoon and found it closed...

Like out of business closed closed? They are pretty erratic with hours.

15. oshen

oshen Senior member

that's their blog. it does take some time to load - someone should tell them to downsize their pics.

seems like they're doing more publicity now, especially in japan. you can find the brand featured in japanese shops/magazines. i saw their jeans in the hollywood ranch shop in tokyo going for $650. nice, solid construction but steep price-wise. i guess they're charging for the authentic 1920s vintage design.

16. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

wtf is that about?
    Mmmmhmmmmm. They just hired a fairly hot girl to keep shop.

17. whodini

whodini Senior member

Like out of business closed closed? They are pretty erratic with hours.
    Just closed. It happened to me the first couple of times I tried visiting, too. Just weird that it'd be like that at 3pm during the week.
    Mmmmhmmmmm. They just hired a fairly hot girl to keep shop.
    Oh, was that what that was? I thought I had been rickrolled to adultfriendfinder.com . I honestly wasn't sure what I was supposed to be buying but I kept trying to add it to my cart.

18. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I think they close/lock it when they're doing some personal work for customers. There was an old Japanese dude sewing up some jeans in the back today, which you could clearly see. He had someone in front of him. Maybe it was Zoe. <3 [​IMG]

19. robbie

robbie Senior member

really, this thread should be changed to the 'california boardies chat' thread.

20. whodini

whodini Senior member

All I could think when I saw that picture initially was, &quot;Shell would have had to walk home if Brian saw what was inside the store...&quot;