• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Riri zippers on Prada & Marshall Field's clearance

duofold

Reaction score
Stopped by downtown Mpls & visited Marshall Field's. Soon to be Macy's (September). They're getting rid of all remaining Prada stock - mostly 80% off. Most of the Dolce & Gabbana, D&G, Paul Smith, DSquared, Theory, etc. is also 80% off...the only time I would normally buy any of these marques.

Picked up a Prada suede jacket - originally $2260, lists $451.97, paid $305.08 (wife's employee discount). Surprised to discover all zippers are riri - 'riri' stamped on the inside, 'Prada' & 'Milano' stamped on the outside. 4 shiny riri zippers in total.

Pinstriped (yellow & pink) grey Prada suit - originally $1690, lists 337.97, paid $253.48.

Washed lavender D & G sport jacket - originally $675, lists $134.97, paid $101.23. Very fitted & militaryesque.

Navy blue Dolce & Gabbana cardigan - originally $395, lists $78.97, paid $59.23. Again, very fitted & militaryesque (resembles japanese high school uniform).

I'm probably most happy with the riri-equipped Prada jacket. The red line rings the inside collar and is not visible when worn. So, on all pieces, no distinguishing branding.

Again, Marshall Field's is transmogrifying to Macy's. Subsequently, many high-end marques are discontinuing their relationships with the lower-end Macy's. These marques include Prada, (I suspect) Dolce & Gabbana/D&G, Miu Miu, Giorgio Armani (white & black label), etc.

A lot of stuff left (including different sizes of what I purchased), but it will go quickly. The only Marshall Field's that carries these marques in the Twin Cities is the downtown Mpls location. In Chicago/Detroit, it'll probably be many more.

I went in today with the intent to pick up socks.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pics please!

duofold

Reaction score
Pics perhaps later today or tomorrow at the latest?

BTW...there were quite of few styles of Dolce & Gabbana leather jackets slashed by 80% (originally ~$2200). Some were typical gaudy Dolce & Gabbana, but some were also very clean and even austere.

A lot of Prada dress shirts and sweaters. I didn't even check what was available in Armani...haven't purchased anything by GA in almost ten years.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40