1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rippling on edge of lapel

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by montecristo#4, Nov 29, 2004.

1. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Stylish Dinosaur

One particular suit I own seems to have developed ripples of fabric along the outside edge of the left lapel (the right has some very minor, unnoticeable rippling). You can kind of see the problem in these pictures: [​IMG] [​IMG] These are bespoke suits. I haven't been able to get good results trying to press these ripples out myself. Should I take it up with my tailor? The issue wouldn't bother me, except that it is only happening on one lapel. Montecristo

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

Great fabric.

It just looks like the picking on the left lapel is a little more taut than the picking on the right. I don't think it's a huge deal -- it shows that it's done by hand. Certainly pressing won't do anything. You could just take all the picking out, I suppose. That wouldn't seem to be a huge problem.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I always thought it was a nice looking detail.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Is that made of a LP fabric?

5. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Stylish Dinosaur

Zegna Trofeo fabric. Great for traveling. Doesn't wrinkle very easily.

The thing that bothers me I guess is that the the lapels are asymetric. One where the pinching of the fabric is very noticeable (to the point where it almost looks like it is bubbling), while the other lapel the other is much flatter. I do think for some reason this particular fabric (color and texture) makes the stitching more noticeable than on my other suits.

We are genetically programmed to value symmetric features.... Maybe I am being too picky with this one.

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I don't think you could press the left lapel out, but you could steam the bejezus out of the right one and see if you can shrink up the fabric a bit and make it pucker more. At least it would be symmetrical...