• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RIP Maury Chaykin

topbroker

Reaction score
Maury Chaykin, who starred as the detective Nero Wolfe in A Nero Wolfe Mystery on A&E, has died on his 61st birthday:

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/20...-tributes.html

The series, co-starring Timothy Hutton as the dapper Archie Goodwin, has got to be one of the most stylish television shows ever. The two stars were definitive in their roles.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by topbroker
Maury Chaykin, who starred as the detective Nero Wolfe in A Nero Wolfe Mystery on A&E, has died on his 61st birthday:

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/20...-tributes.html

The series, co-starring Timothy Hutton as the dapper Archie Goodwin, has got to be one of the most stylish television shows ever. The two stars were definitive in their roles.

I really liked that show and was depressed when A&E cancelled it only so they could save money by running nonstop Law & Order reruns. Chaykin was brilliant in it.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
List your favourite Maury films!
-Dances With Wolves. (Small part but he owned it!)

-Whale Music. (An almost unknown film but great Maury.)
Rest In Peace Mr. Chakin.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Canada's Sweetheart: The Saga of Hal C. Banks

Bit of an ass at times, but a hell of a good actor.

lefty

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was never wholly familiar with him but he has one of those faces one doesn't forget easily. I watched the two seasons of Less Than Kind this year and was looking forward to more

Definitely a shame

GSOAT

Reaction score
I absolutely loved Nero Wolfe, but I am partly to blame for its cancellation, since I only starting watching it after it had been cancelled (reruns, DVDs). Great, great, enjoyable show. And Chaykin was to Wolfe as Brett was to Holmes and Sachet is to Poirot.

"Nonsense! You're an ostrich, sir!!"

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
somehow i'd missed this. added to my netflix que.

topbroker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NukeMeSlowly
I really liked that show and was depressed when A&E cancelled it only so they could save money by running nonstop Law & Order reruns. Chaykin was brilliant in it.

I'm reading Rex Stout's complete Nero Wolfe series in order, which I highly recommend. This project makes me appreciate how good that television series is.

Archie Goodwin is a character I really admire -- someone that I want to be like, at least in part. He enjoys his life, he has a pleasant breezy way about him, he was "born neat," and he takes pains over his clothes (and describes them in detail in the books, catnip for us menswear buffs). I'm not as sarcastic as he is, but I love Archie.

topbroker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
-Dances With Wolves. (Small part but he owned it!)

Kevin Costner has frequently acknowledged that fact in interviews. It is a very pivotal role for the movie.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's