1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RIP David Bowie

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by sjmin209, Jan 10, 2016.

1. sjmin209

sjmin209 Distinguished Member

2. sjmin209

Here is a good Billboard piece charting his ever-changing style

& a final photo of him from Vogue

3. Salad

Salad Senior Member

Ah man, this sucks. I never heard he was sick.

Life on Mars because Bowie. RIP, Major Tom, Do let us know.

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Distinguished Member

One of the best. [​IMG]

5. Reggs

Reggs Distinguished Member

Very sad. I've listed to his music while deciding some of the most important decisions of my life. I really like his new album too, as well as the one before.

He's always been a style icon for me. I never liked concerts, but told myself I'd only go to two, Bjork and Bowie. I saw Bjork. I'll never see Bowie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016

6. tradernick

tradernick Senior Member

Oh no, terrible news. A guy who reinvented himself how many times? And was apparently in the process of doing it again (only heard one cut from the new album).

Check out this footage of him in 1996. He could have been milking the Let's Dance thing for mega-millions, but he decided to change it up completely - his look, the sound, the way he moved around the stage. This band is absolutely killing it (some won't love the song but whatever). I've heard that he played none of those massive hits during this tour. RIP, David.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016

7. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Damn. I really liked his music. I'm making up a playlist for the journey to work tomorrow. :(

8. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Distinguished Member

This one's really hard to take.

I was really diving deep into Blackstar. The lyrics, especially the videos for Lazarus and Blackstar take on an entirely new weight now.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Distinguished Member

Really sad news and out of left field too, I didn't know Bowie was sick with cancer. Watching the Lazarus video this morning, I felt like I was watching his grand finale.

10. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Distinguished Member

11. Reggs

Reggs Distinguished Member

So apparently the final photo of him was taken just a few days before his death and he was out in a suit smiling. He also face timed someone(Brian Eno?) a week before his death saying he wanted to make another album after Blackstar.

Does cancer really snuff people out unexpectedly like that? He believed he had more time but was dead just days later. I thought people with cancer were bedridden for some time before their death.

12. sjmin209

Cancer is a sneaky motherfucker. Sometimes you get the slow decline & wasting away. Sometimes it happens in a snap. Lemmy Kilmister died two days after he was diagnosed with brain cancer. My understanding is that Bowie had known about his cancer for some time and that the prognosis was originally good, but that it quickly took a turn for the worse.

13. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Distinguished Member

Pneumonia? His immune system must of been to shit to die like that all of sudden.

14. Cary Grant

It wasn't Bowie's first run at cancer - apparently he'd been through treatment before... maybe more than 5 years ago... some are speculating he knew the writing was on the wall and was no longer in treatment, thus why he looked well.

Interesting that he resurrected his Station to Station costume in the Lazarus vid.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016

15. Cary Grant

It was an email with Eno-

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/brian-eno-shares-david-bowies-final-email.html