Ringtones

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by SGladwell, Apr 4, 2006.

1. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

I have a few from The Family Guy which i think is the funniest show on tv.[​IMG]

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

haven't gotten around to uploading any on my current phone, but previously i had metallica's 'enter sandman', new order's 'bizarre love triangle', and the chorus from bowie's 'starman'.

3. Mike

Mike Senior member

I know this may sound odd, but I have a ringtone that sounds like a phone. I am not being sarcastic, I just really dislike musical ringtones.

Yeah, me too. Years of hearing a thousand people with "In Da Club". "Candy Shop", and "Back In Black" completely turnred me off of them. Give me just a simple ring. I would like the ring tone from the phones in CTU on 24, or the ring from Our Man Flint, just for kicks, but I like a phone to sound like a phone.

4. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

I would like the ring tone from the phones in CTU on 24, or the ring from Our Man Flint, just for kicks
    I have been looking for an Our Man Flint ringtone for the longest time. I was at a conference and this guy had it, I never got a chance to ask him where he got it though. My current ringtone is the standard Sony Ericsson "phone" ringtone. Although for kicks I'll put on one of the "Ringtunes" that came with the phone. My favourite is a cheesy rock song that goes "I'm in your lower left jacket pocket/Just kidding that's the keys..." I have a Panasonic phone at home and I find that when it rings it cuts through background noise incredibly well without being harsh. A. Edit- Horrible diction

5. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

I feel one of these would round-off my pseudoretro image and complement my Old Phone ring tone perfectly. Next purchase: creaky old mansion.
    [​IMG]

6. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

[grouch]I'm at a loss to understand the appeal of anything but a silent vibrate. Maybe 10 years ago, when cellphones were still a novelty, but now? What places do you carry your cellphones where an audible ring isn't disruptive? Don't you find yourselves constantly turning the things on and off? [/grouch]

7. toyo

toyo Member

I use a ringtone from a Korean Drama. Had to change it to a .mmf though. It sounds like a ringtone, not like those songs... lol

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

My ringtone has been Poe's "Hello" for 3 years now.

9. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

[grouch]I'm at a loss to understand the appeal of anything but a silent vibrate. Maybe 10 years ago, when cellphones were still a novelty, but now? What places do you carry your cellphones where an audible ring isn't disruptive? Don't you find yourselves constantly turning the things on and off? [/grouch]

How about when your phone isn't in your pocket? I normally keep it on vibrate, but I take it off vibrate when I'm in the car or laying on the couch at home, places like that.

10. hypersonic

hypersonic Senior member

Ringtones seem so passÃ[​IMG]. Anyone who invested in ringtone companies must be feeling retarded now -- who the hell buys ringtones these days?

11. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

Ringtones seem so passÃ[​IMG]. Anyone who invested in ringtone companies must be feeling retarded now -- who the hell buys ringtones these days?

yeah i guess i am one of those dopes that buys them, i have a pretty basic phone but my ringtone is peanuts theme song. I had the 2livecrew booty drop but it was kinda embarrassing when someone called and i was in the library or at a wedding haha

12. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

You re-opened a 3 year dead thread to say this?

iiiirrrrrooooonnnnnyyyyyy [​IMG]

13. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

I have a few set for certain people:

Get Buck in here - Felli Fel
    Paper Planes - MIA
    Lets get it on - Marvin Gaye
    Baby Got back - Sir mix a lot
    Jump Around
    Whatever you like
    Thriller - Michael Jackson

14. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I would like the ring tone from the phones in CTU on 24
    Yes, does anyone have something like this? Basically, sounds like a good professional desk phone.

15. unjung

unjung Senior member

Yes, does anyone have something like this? Basically, sounds like a good professional desk phone.

I've been using these for about two years now. I'll upload them for you, give me a few hours as I'm about to go into a meeting.