• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ringtones that are not lame

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Any recommendations?

I don't want songs blaring out of my pocket, the standard BB ones are OK, but of course if you use one of those, every time someone else's phone rings in the room, you are reaching for your pocket.

I've got the 24 thing happening now, which I don't really like, but has the advantage (here at least) of not being overdone and not making me throw up in my mouth when someone calls.

Any good sites/tones anyone can point me at?

Oh and anyone who points me at that ******* crazy frog gets timed out until the unabomber is paroled.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like odd sounds for my ringers.

So my current ringer is the sound the smoke monster from lost makes, and my text msg ringer is the mortal kombat laugh. The MK laugh definitely gets reactions.

Smoke monster
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

MK laugh
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

word

Reaction score
I like the valve theme, you know the one that playswhen you open up half life 2. I only set ring tones for actual calls. None for texting or emails or that **** would be going off all damn day.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. This music.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate any ring that isn't the standard ringing bell

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP - I feel your pain. I use two regularly, one for the girl, I got it from the BB website, they actually have some decent free ringtones you can add on. I use one thats so loud and annoying (much like my fiance) so that I never miss the call.

The other, is go online and see if you can find the zip files floating around with the Vertu ringtones. Vertu phones for those who dont know are these super expensive Nokia based phones. The sell for like 5000+. Anyways, one of the ringtones, sandpiper, was custom created to sound perfect or something on this one special phone. I found a zip with about 8 ringers from Vertu and I use sandpiper as my main tone. Its just loud and annoying enough to stand out without being super obnoxious. The rest I use for other peoples ringers. I am still waiting to be at a big timers convention and have my phone go off so I can see if anyone grabs for their phone!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
leave it on vibrate. if its in your pocket or wherever you'll feel it and if its on your desk you'll be able to hear it. Problem solved.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
Any recommendations?

I don't want songs blaring out of my pocket, the standard BB ones are OK, but of course if you use one of those, every time someone else's phone rings in the room, you are reaching for your pocket.

I've got the 24 thing happening now, which I don't really like, but has the advantage (here at least) of not being overdone and not making me throw up in my mouth when someone calls.

Any good sites/tones anyone can point me at?

Oh and anyone who points me at that ******* crazy frog gets timed out until the unabomber is paroled.

Put your phone on vibrate, nancy.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Put your phone on vibrate, nancy.

Originally Posted by edinatlanta
leave it on vibrate. if its in your pocket or wherever you'll feel it and if its on your desk you'll be able to hear it. Problem solved.

confused.gif

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vibrate is the only answer.

the alert sound from MGS is the only possible acceptable sound for a text. nobody wants to hear your ****** taste in anything when it comes to ringtones.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Ringtones? what are ya a 14 year old girl? Cant you hear your custom ringtone over your stereo blasting the latest justin beeber tune?

IMHO your phone should vibrate or ring over the age of 16. If youre an adult, this shouldnt even be discussed.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When my battery is dying I turn my ringer to beep two times for phone calls and once for texts. I don't get how any male over the age of 21 thinks its reasonable or cool to have a ringer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads