Ring tones: what do you have on your cell phone?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by imageWIS, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Berntsen

Berntsen Member

2. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Tunes are gauche. I like the standard ring on my phone. It is more of a pulsing tone than a shrill ring.

I knew we'd agree on something sooner or later.

At any rate, I use the standard ring on the RAZR v3c (though presumably all the RAZRs have the same standard ring) when it is not on vibrate, and it's almost always on vibrate. I have a violent hatred of ringing phones...

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

My standard ring is the sound of the office phone from "24."

I've returned phones before (cough, SAMSUNG, cough cough) after finding out that I accidentally purchased a cell phone with every single ringtone designed for a 13 year-old girl Japanese anime character. Not a SINGLE normal ring to be found...and they expect you to PAY to DOWNLOAD a normal one?

That said, I have a few speciality ringtones depending on who's calling, such as the "In Like Flynt" ring or various guitar riffs from Thrice or Failure.

I should mention, however, that the tone played when I receive a new text or voicemail is "Mail, muthafucka" from EuroTrip. That will never change. Ever.

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

One phone ago, I had that Sony Ericsson "Old Phone". I loved it. Very bell-like and old-fashioned sounding.

that's what i used until i got my razr. I hate all those annoying song ringtones.

I use the 24 office phone now, but i modified it and inserted a brief pause followed by the sexy voice of a british woman saying "Incoming call."

I also got her to say "You have a new voice message" and "Good morning gqgeek! This is your wake-up call." I put her on my voicemail too ^_^

Yes, I'm a dork.

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

"hello" by poe

and my wife's ringtone on my phone is "you sexy thing" by hot chocolate

6. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

for the missus: NY, NY
    for others: the flipper theme (if no caller id), La Traviata (if Caller id-ed) , and I Love Paris (if restricted)

b

7. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

8. MCsommerreid

MCsommerreid Senior member

Vibrate 99% of the time. The other is a rip of "Trip Like I Do" edited so it doesnt sound weird in ring tone format (no repeating, no large expanses of silence, and etc).

I wish more phones had what my first phone did. Instead of just vibrate, there were about 12 different vibrate functions, so I could keep it on vibrate all the time and still know what kind of incoming I was getting.

9. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

I have the first few bars of Flaming Lips' "Yoshimi". It's not loud and not annoying. Any phone with the volume turned way up sounds annoying, no matter if it's a normal ring or a tune. People, turn your damn phone ringer volume down. If I can hear it across the room, it's too loud.

Except for Tokyo Slim. You can keep yours turned up. Anything to subvert your unstoppable ninja skills.

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I forgot to mention I also use that "mosquito repellent" sound reported a few months back as driving teenagers crazy while older adults couldn't hear it much if at all. It serves as a very effective soft (yet loud) ring.

11. visionology

visionology Senior member

My phone came with the strange assortment of animal noises and anime music but not a single normal ring. Is that odd nowadays? I had to hunt for nearly a week to find a normal ring ring...

My friend is uploading flavor flav on his phone now where he says "Flavvvor Flav. Yeahhhh boooyyyy" I would love to see that go off at the P&G meetings.

12. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

You can satisfy all of your mobile content needs through one site:

http://www.jamster.com/

[​IMG]

*cough* no affiliation *cough*

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Except for Tokyo Slim. You can keep yours turned up. Anything to subvert your unstoppable ninja skills.

By the time you hear it ringing, its already too late...

14. lawandorder360

lawandorder360 Well-Known Member

I've got the Law and Order SVU theme as my main ringtone, and the theme to the UK tv show Spooks (MI-5 in the US) as the backup if I get bored...

15. Homme

Homme Senior member

The trumpet from the start of Louis Armstrong's version of 'La Vie En Rose'.

I hate animal ring tones. A guy at work had one of a screaming chimpanzee ... and instead of answering it, he let it ring, and just looked around to see who thought it funny.