• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Purchased a AMJ03 sports coat from Drop93. The tight armholes make it unwearable - perhaps the fit is better on smaller asian framed customers? Nice jacket otherwise!

Interesting, I had to downsize in amj03 vs say 184 (ie AMJ03 is already the “bigger version”)

yes I’m asian...

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? The AMJ03 is perfect for me in my usual size and I have a decent chest and shoulders from the gym. I'm not tall but wouldn't consider myself smaller framed or Asian in decent.

What size did you grab? The armholes are high but that's a plus for many.

Yep, I have an 8.5ish inch drop and I like the AMJ03 a lot.

nostalgiaultra

Reaction score
Really? The AMJ03 is perfect for me in my usual size and I have a decent chest and shoulders from the gym. I'm not tall but wouldn't consider myself smaller framed or Asian in decent.

What size did you grab? The armholes are high but that's a plus for many.

Size 50. Actually everything fit really well - shoulders, waist, length etc. There's just a tightness at the armhole that made it a deal breaker for me. And I'm a slimmer build 5'11, 160lbs

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Size 50. Actually everything fit really well - shoulders, waist, length etc. There's just a tightness at the armhole that made it a deal breaker for me. And I'm a slimmer build 5'11, 160lbs

that is really surprising...

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's an AMJ03 jacket, purchased from LuxeSwap @SpooPoker 's recent sale (still a lot of good Ring Jacket deals to be had...).

For me, the armholes are nicely fitted and higher in my normal size, nothing like the tight-fitting arms on the Japanese Meister 268s that I commented on a few pages back. Maybe sizing up one could alleviate the tightness in the arms?

EA2DA879-49AB-46D2-A2BE-2433378EA6B4.jpeg

DrewMill

Reaction score
I'm interested in some of the classic fit chinos currently on sale at The Rake. I wear a size 38 in Brooks Brothers and a size 40 in Suitsupply and Spier & Mackay. Would size 54 or 56 fit me better?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's an AMJ03 jacket, purchased from LuxeSwap @SpooPoker 's recent sale (still a lot of good Ring Jacket deals to be had...).

For me, the armholes are nicely fitted and higher in my normal size, nothing like the tight-fitting arms on the Japanese Meister 268s that I commented on a few pages back. Maybe sizing up one could alleviate the tightness in the arms?

View attachment 1261825

:slayer:

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Hi all
Hoping for a bit of help. Totally new to RJ and indeed totally new to Neapolitan style tailing having worn sack jackets almost exclusively.
Anyhow, does anyone know which model this is and what the fit is like?
Thanks

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all
Hoping for a bit of help. Totally new to RJ and indeed totally new to Neapolitan style tailing having worn sack jackets almost exclusively.
Thanks

Here you go sir!
62A181D2-9977-4981-BFA2-21A23E5D90F6.jpeg

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all
Thanks

The fit is on the slim side, and personally I went one size up from my other neapolitan suits.

One of my personal favorites.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads