• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guess you guys in HK get lucky, was looking at the red window pane amj03 for summer/spring a while back, maybe it will make out the sale...

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess you guys in HK get lucky, was looking at the red window pane amj03 for summer/spring a while back, maybe it will make out the sale...
I sat on the green windowpane forever, and now it’s presumably OOS (unless it was removed for the sale and somehow survives). Kicked myself for that one

aamukherjee

Reaction score
I saw a question asked earlier but never answered - is there any different between the black and silver label stuff?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I saw a question asked earlier but never answered - is there any different between the black and silver label stuff?

To my knowledge;

The black label is the "regular" line. Made in Japan. Cut by hand, but mostly machine stitching. Sold worldwide.

The black label with "meister" in red, has hand finished buttonholes and more handwork in general. The type of details that is mostly found in bespoke garments.
Made in Japan. Mostly available in japan, but also in other countries in Asia.

The silver label is the Napoli Line which is made in Italy. Only available in Japan.
I do not know much more about that line apart from what i saw in Tokyo, which was alot of shirts with pleated shoulders, the neapolitan way. And also some sportier things that are less "tailored". Like suede jackets etc.

Hope that helps.

(And if I am wrong about anything, I am sure the RJ team will see this and correct me.)

:)

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The silver label is the Napoli Line which is made in Italy. Only available in Japan.
I do not know much more about that line apart from what i saw in Tokyo, which was alot of shirts with pleated shoulders, the neapolitan way. And also some sportier things that are less "tailored". Like suede jackets etc.
all the silver label coats i have seen are made in Japan too

does it change now?

HansHelmut

Reaction score
Selling a beautiful safari linen jacket in khaki size 54 (fits at least one size smaller), like new condition.

Ring Jacket Safari

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-30 um 18.04.49.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-30 um 18.04.49.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 261

ebayhtl

Reaction score
The DB model 268 in size 50/40 arrived on Friday. It’s form-fitting, and the shoulders, collar, and chest fit fine without noticeable gapping; I will need to let the waist out. The big surprise is the narrow armholes which are the closest-fitting I have worn (compared with my other RJ blazer, along with my Eidos, Sartoria Formosa, Caruso, SuitSupply etc.). It definitely hits my armpit, no French cuffs or shirts with excess cloth in the arms to wear under this. I guess this is a feature of the 268 model, to which I’ll happily adapt ;)

Had a question about DB268 - is it full enough that I can size down, or slim enough that I can size up?
I'm a size 46 in most brands (I bought a 46 in AMJ03 Armoury model recently and it fits well, after taking in the waist), but unfortunately the DB268 I'm eyeing is out of stock in that size (but has 44 and 48).
Thanks!

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a question about DB268 - is it full enough that I can size down, or slim enough that I can size up?
I'm a size 46 in most brands (I bought a 46 in AMJ03 Armoury model recently and it fits well, after taking in the waist), but unfortunately the DB268 I'm eyeing is out of stock in that size (but has 44 and 48).
Thanks!

Without knowing your measurements or fit preferences, I would say DO NOT size down on the RJ 268 DB! You may want to consider sizing up actually (double check the measurements on the website, I've found them to be accurate).

I'm generally 50/40 in many brands/models, but find I have to size up to 52/42 occasionally to accommodate my shoulders (then nip as necessary). I believe my first RJ DB blazer, which I won on a LuxeSwap auction, likely came from The Armoury, and it fits spot on as a 50/40. With my first 268, I bought my standard size 50, and ended up getting several structural adjustments - including letting out the waist and sleeves to the most they would go, and removing some of the lining around the underarm (some aesthetic changes include working button holes and switching to smoke MOP buttons). Right now, the jacket fits well, but if I gain more than 10 pounds, I may not be able to button it up, and the shoulders are probably a quarter-inch too small. Again, the biggest surprise is the tight armholes and underarms. Still, I'm glad I purchased it, and it's getting lots of wear.

All that said, I just purchased another 268 from the same Ring Jacket store via Rakuten. This time, I went with a navy Dormeuil suit, and sized up to 52/42. It feels like a much more comfortable fit in the waist, shoulders, and the arms. Hoping to take it to the tailor this week, and I do not anticipate anywhere near as much adjustments to the jacket.

Here's a sloppy photo of the 268 50/40 jacket from a few weeks ago. I'll post pictures of the suit in 52/42 after the tailor works it. Hope this is helpful!

RJ DB268 Blazer - 1.jpg

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lapels so wide, you can land a plane...

(Cross post with LuxeSwap & Gaziano & Girling threads.)
IMG_0980.JPG

Last edited:

nostalgiaultra

Reaction score
Purchased a AMJ03 sports coat from Drop93. The tight armholes make it unwearable - perhaps the fit is better on smaller asian framed customers? Nice jacket otherwise!

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purchased a AMJ03 sports coat from Drop93. The tight armholes make it unwearable - perhaps the fit is better on smaller asian framed customers? Nice jacket otherwise!
Really? The AMJ03 is perfect for me in my usual size and I have a decent chest and shoulders from the gym. I'm not tall but wouldn't consider myself smaller framed or Asian in decent.

What size did you grab? The armholes are high but that's a plus for many.

yanagi

Reaction score

What RTW brands do you normally wear?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads