• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do you mean the ring jacket in japan and us have different cut? more big for usa, for slim for japan?

just check the model number, all the model fits somewhat differently any way. Though if by US model the previous poster mean the Nordstorm models (253/254?) then I take my usual size (US36/EU46) where as say model 184 I can take EU46 and might be even EU48 (tried it hastly once so hard to say), though for the AMJ03 I'm definitely prefer EU44 over EU46

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my 256 sample model today. Got some mass in my quads so off to the tailor they go.

6372C65E-CEF6-496A-814F-1280B5C35F1A.jpeg

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered Ring Jackets from Rakuten, specifically the Ring Jacket Outlet store?

(Cross-post with the Ring Jacket Japan thread.)

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered Ring Jackets from Rakuten, specifically the Ring Jacket Outlet store?

(Cross-post with the Ring Jacket Japan thread.)

I was considering it as it appears to be way cheaper but I think it may pay to try them on at the Armoury as their styles are made for them and may look better on me. Obviously, the cost is higher.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made this observation before. I wear 44 R (54R EUR).
The Ring jackets that I have tried on at Khakis of Carmel,
the nearest retailer, do not even close. Perhaps the Armory
had different models, but the ones I've tried are cut very small.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few pieces, both Japanese models and Armoury cuts.

The Armoury models are fuller in nearly every aspect.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AMJ model are cut much fuller, I can wear EU44 in AMJ03 while 184 i’m EU46 or even EU48

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, gents. I ended up taking the plunge on the following from Ring Jacket Outlet last week, and it should be here in the next few days.

3krk61.jpg

It’s a model 268, which I’m guessing is for the Japanese market. I ordered a size 50/40; based on the provided measurements, it should be a good fit (may need to let out the waist though). I do have another double breasted RJ that I purchased via LuxeSwap (@SpooPoker) a few months ago, also in size 50/40, though I am not sure what model it is - can anyone comment on this?

IMG_0592.JPG

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, gents. I ended up taking the plunge on the following from Ring Jacket Outlet last week, and it should be here in the next few days.

View attachment 1201866

It’s a model 268, which I’m guessing is for the Japanese market. I ordered a size 50/40; based on the provided measurements, it should be a good fit (may need to let out the waist though). I do have another double breasted RJ that I purchased via LuxeSwap (@SpooPoker) a few months ago, also in size 50/40, though I am not sure what model it is - can anyone comment on this?

View attachment 1201867

I was just looking at that piece the other day! I almost pulled the trigger.

I believe the 268 model you purchased is a little more “classic” in a sense of fullness as well as slightly more bellied lapels.

I also have a DB from spoo and it is the 256 posted above which is an American model. Soft all around and on the slimmer side. I would guess yours is also a 256.

The Japanese DB I have is a 252, and it has a touch more shoulder padding but was slim enough for me to size up to a 52, which fit perfect OTR with the exception of sleeve length.

Hopefully that helps!

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Alocin, I appreciate the insight. Fingers crossed the incoming jacket will work!

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course! I’m slowly learning more and more about RJ because it fits me so well.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The DB model 268 in size 50/40 arrived on Friday. It’s form-fitting, and the shoulders, collar, and chest fit fine without noticeable gapping; I will need to let the waist out. The big surprise is the narrow armholes which are the closest-fitting I have worn (compared with my other RJ blazer, along with my Eidos, Sartoria Formosa, Caruso, SuitSupply etc.). It definitely hits my armpit, no French cuffs or shirts with excess cloth in the arms to wear under this. I guess this is a feature of the 268 model, to which I’ll happily adapt ;)

Sorry, no pictures at this point, but hopefully this gives an idea of this particular Japanese market Ring Jacket model.

ebayhtl

Reaction score
In case anyone is in HK - Ascot Chang / Drop 93 / Armoury is doing a sale over the next few days.

Good supply of Ring Jacket suits, blazers and chinos available - all at 40% off (The Armoury's) retail price. Still (very!) expensive, but they are very nice - I picked up a brown AMJ3A suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics