• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plenty of hits if you google Drago cloth:

BlondJamesBlond

Reaction score
Plenty of hits if you google Drago cloth:

I'm not so much interested in knowing that it exists, I'm more curious about its quality.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not so much interested in knowing that it exists, I'm more curious about its quality.
What’s is your fear/concern? What do you mean when you refer to quality? Will the fabric disintegrate magically if you get a drop of water on it??

BlondJamesBlond

Reaction score
What’s is your fear/concern? What do you mean when you refer to quality? Will the fabric disintegrate magically if you get a drop of water on it??
Just trying to gauge "value" of the jacket. I'm not actually concerned, but rather, want to do my due diligence before ordering.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you asking feedback on the specific fabric, probably needs to get the code from seller (if they’re willing to give), then ask around the clothe thread to see if anyone has jacket made out of it and had enough wear out of it to give feedback.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just trying to gauge "value" of the jacket. I'm not actually concerned, but rather, want to do my due diligence before ordering.
What constitutes good (or bad) value, in your opinion? Drago is a perfectly good mill. Better options out there, but it is by no means low/poor quality.
Beyond that, it’s a pretty straightforward lightweight WSL summer jacket in a hopsack/hopsack-esque open weave. At that weight, it will wrinkle a bit at stress points (inner arms, shoulders, back), and certainly more so than a pure wool in a similar weave/weight.
As stated, it’s really what you deem to be of value. If you’re expecting something bulletproof with top shelf wrinkle resistance, this won’t be it.

VI_Massive

Reaction score
Have any of y’all bought the RJ suits from Baltzar? I’m curious about the sizing (one up from Armoury sizing like many of the rest?) and I noticed these might be the only RJ suit jackets I’ve seen with any shoulder padding. Sorry if this has been addressed above, if so I missed it.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a Ring suit from SSENSE and had high hopes. Was let down. I think if you’re after the style presented by the Armoury, just buy it from the Armoury. Takes the second guessing out of the equation. @VI_Massive

VI_Massive

Reaction score
I like the idea of an RJ suit jacket with a bit of structure to the shoulder, so the Baltzar suit offers something I can’t get at The Armoury. Just curious if anyone has seen one of those and what the sizing is like.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a Ring suit from SSENSE and had high hopes. Was let down. I think if you’re after the style presented by the Armoury, just buy it from the Armoury. Takes the second guessing out of the equation. @VI_Massive
Armoiry jackets are American sized and the ones from ssense are from the Japan stock and thus have completely different fit

efta

Reaction score
It’s one of the larger European mills producing fabrics in a variety of qualities, materials, price ranges etc.

Based on your question, I would say that you won’t be disappointed.

Club Soda

Reaction score
I have the stock suit from Ring Jacket (42R) in two colors and I really like them. Calm Twist fabric in a mid-grey, lighter than charcoal, and a blue/black weave that reads dark cobalt. They're full canvased, half lined, with no pad, and a beautiful lapel roll. The shoulders are broad with a narrow waist pull. Ring Jacket RTW probably isn't at the level of Kiton or Attollini but I would say my jacket fits me a lot better than Isaia.

To my knowledge, Ring jacket is on the market in three variants. Ring Jacket brand comes in sizing for Asian and Non-Asian market, and Ring Jacket for The Armoury. They fit slim to more full in the order listed. Based on Mark's demonstration of the Model 3, it has a more broad shoulder a fuller chest. Drop93 has a guide on the fit difference, the jacket and pants each have fit code to note this.

My blue one came from Baltzar and I got the grey from Carvour.

While I really like the comfortable fitted suit with no padding I'm looking to branch out to a softly padded suit next.

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to Japan on a trip. Any tips on RJ shopping at a discount?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads