• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

professorclee

Reaction score
I like Casa del Sarto as well in terms of price and style except I find their button point to be high or maybe slightly higher combined with more open quarters. This always exposes "shirt triangle" below the buttoning point even with high-rise trousers. Fine with a tie, but I prefer RJ if tieless..

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Size advise regarding suit jacket.

I am about to buy my first RJ suit and don’t know whether I should go for 50 or 52 in blazer.

I have the Ring jacket chore coat in 52 and it is slightly too big for me. I am 50 in Drake’s suit jacket. 52 in Lardini and 52 in Eidos. Could anyone give advise based on that?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am about to buy my first RJ suit and don’t know whether I should go for 50 or 52 in blazer.

I have the Ring jacket chore coat in 52 and it is slightly too big for me. I am 50 in Drake’s suit jacket. 52 in Lardini and 52 in Eidos. Could anyone give advise based on that?
Are you buying RJ from Armoury or Asia? Aoury models, 52 is probably a classic fit, 50 could work but slim fitting. If it's RJ Asian models, probably 54.

professorclee

Reaction score

Take the measurements of the jacket that fits you the best and compare to the measurements of the Ring Jacket from their charts (or ask them for the chart)--shoulders and length as first priority, then chest and waist (though those can be adjusted more as you know). Best way to be 90%+ sure. Why guess otherwise?

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got to wear the “seersucker” balloon fabric suit today.

Paired with shirt from Yeossal and shoes from Oct 10th.

C49DE57C-E834-4360-A811-8EA50112E2D6.jpeg 2EC4F2DD-9064-4657-AF2E-74EC32CF8BE4.jpeg

nygooner

Reaction score
If of interest, hope this is ok to link to. BNWT navy balloon jacket:

kevinftwman

Reaction score
Also have a BNWT Meister suit for sale in 44EU for smaller folks in a navy Loro Piana fresco.

Moo Wenwu

Reaction score
Can anybody comment on the fit between TAJ-02 and Model 254? I have a Model 254 that fits almost perfectly in Size 50 (thank you @ZheNewYork). Maybe could use reduction of 1-1.5 cm in the waist area and 0.5 cm in the shoulders/chest but otherwise drapes beautifully. I just purchased a TAJ-02 in Size 48 because the size charts suggested that'd be better than Size 50. The deal was too good to pass, and they didn't have Size 50 available anyway. Is TAJ-02 roomier than Model 254? Hope I got the right size. Thanks all.

professorclee

Reaction score
Can anybody comment on the fit between TAJ-02 and Model 254? I have a Model 254 that fits almost perfectly in Size 50 (thank you @ZheNewYork). Maybe could use reduction of 1-1.5 cm in the waist area and 0.5 cm in the shoulders/chest but otherwise drapes beautifully. I just purchased a TAJ-02 in Size 48 because the size charts suggested that'd be better than Size 50. The deal was too good to pass, and they didn't have Size 50 available anyway. Is TAJ-02 roomier than Model 254? Hope I got the right size. Thanks all.

I got my TAJ-02 and 254s in the same size.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are essentially the same in they serve the same purpose but the TAJ model which is made for America, will be slightly wider and longer. It likely would not be enough of a difference to warrant a size down but it also would not the be equivalent of sizing down to a 48 in the 254/253. It’s kind of in between.

Overall I think you should be ok but you may have to let out a little and possibly shorten a little of the TAJ depending on your intended fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads