• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have information on the US web shop no longer being available? The site just links to The Armoury (and the Japan site).

They shut down temporarily in early September, I am unaware of any updates since then but they did send out an email back then.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with the 184 model? I know some cuts run super small, but the sizing listed on Drop93 is bananas relative to what I'm used to. An EU56 be well be snug on me!

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with the 184 model? I know some cuts run super small, but the sizing listed on Drop93 is bananas relative to what I'm used to. An EU56 be well be snug on me!

I’m a 50 usually but only sized up 1 to a 52. I could probably comfortably fit into a 54 albeit on the long side but I think that’s more specific to me. I 100% could not fit TTS.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone in the U.S. ordered Ring Jacket goods from Andreasoul or Lamarche? If so, how was the experience?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone in the U.S. ordered Ring Jacket goods from Andreasoul or Lamarche? If so, how was the experience?
I ordered RJ from Lamarche and Casa Del Sarto from Andrea Seoul.
Both were easy and straightforward process. Lamarche is charging more for shipping probably $70 for DHL/FedEx.
I DM'd the owner on Instagram and he sent me a PayPal link to pay. Got a tracking number within 1-2 days and delivery is fast. Not sure delivery time now with Omicron.

professorclee

Reaction score
Have done both multiple times as well, just last month in fact. Customs fees and shipping charges add on though the total cost was probably slightly less than what a comparable item would cost purchased in the US. Sometimes I get charged duty, sometimes not, depending on the phase of the moon. Had to return something once, which was a nightmare in terms of Korean customs, so my approach is to be sure about the item before buying.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what size do you guys order, same as Armoury sizing for Ring Jacket?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ring jacket size up 1 size. Casa Del Sarto is true to size.

For duties, if you're over $800 they'll hit you with customs. You can ask them to write the declared value just under $800 to make sure you don't get hit. Of course if it's really expensive like a Panico jacket, they probably won't write that under $800.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lamarche hand grade pretty comparable to Armoury AMJ03 and like $500 cheaper. Haven't bought standard RJ but armhole is cut slightly lower which may fit Western body types better.

Casa Del Sarto pretty nice value with good fabrics from Fox and Lovat. Pretty clean and Orazio looking jacket.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered RJ from Lamarche and Casa Del Sarto from Andrea Seoul.
Both were easy and straightforward process. Lamarche is charging more for shipping probably $70 for DHL/FedEx.
I DM'd the owner on Instagram and he sent me a PayPal link to pay. Got a tracking number within 1-2 days and delivery is fast. Not sure delivery time now with Omicron.
Have done both multiple times as well, just last month in fact. Customs fees and shipping charges add on though the total cost was probably slightly less than what a comparable item would cost purchased in the US. Sometimes I get charged duty, sometimes not, depending on the phase of the moon. Had to return something once, which was a nightmare in terms of Korean customs, so my approach is to be sure about the item before buying.

Thank you gentlemen. Good to know about the shipping fees and services. If they use DHL and FedEx, I'll definitely be hit with taxes (if it's UPS or a transfer to USPS, it's up in the air). Going by the provided measurements, the sizing on the suits/jackets from Lamarche and Andrea Seoul seem to be in line with the models sold directly from Ring Jacket in Japan, so I'm confident in the size at least.

@clee1982, my Ring Jacket sizing depends on the model. I can wear size 50 in The Armoury RJ, and 52 comfortably with the direct Ring Jacket models from Japan. I've never tried the US/international models (184, 256, etc.), but going by the given measurements, I'd probably have to size up to a 54 because of the narrow shoulders.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok I'm typically between US 36S/36R, EU46S/46R (Paul Stuart Phineas Cole, RLPL, Isaia, Brioni, Tom Ford etc. probably short more often than regular)

For Armoury Ring Jacket (both AMJ01/03, i.e. Model 1 and 3) I take EU44 (few of the guys who size down I guess)

For US market stuff (the one Nordstorm use to carry, 254?) I take EU 46

For the japanese market stuff (say 184), never end up buying but probably EU46

Did a quick look on measurement on Andrea Seoul and Lamarche, looks like in both case I'm probably EU44?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 50 in Armoury RJ. Never tried 184. Lamarche LMH-06 is similar to Ring Meister, I am size 52. I have a size 50 and it's slim.
Casa Del Sarto I am 50 and it fits a tad roomy around back blade.

professorclee

Reaction score
ok I'm typically between US 36S/36R, EU46S/46R (Paul Stuart Phineas Cole, RLPL, Isaia, Brioni, Tom Ford etc. probably short more often than regular)

For Armoury Ring Jacket (both AMJ01/03, i.e. Model 1 and 3) I take EU44 (few of the guys who size down I guess)

For US market stuff (the one Nordstorm use to carry, 254?) I take EU 46

For the japanese market stuff (say 184), never end up buying but probably EU46

Did a quick look on measurement on Andrea Seoul and Lamarche, looks like in both case I'm probably EU44?

I do Model 3 Armoury in 48, RJ 254 in 50. Andrea Seoul I did 50 as well--mostly the overcoats from them, one Casa del Sarto jacket.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm 50 in Armoury RJ. Never tried 184. Lamarche LMH-06 is similar to Ring Meister, I am size 52. I have a size 50 and it's slim.
Casa Del Sarto I am 50 and it fits a tad roomy around back blade.

dumb question Casa Del Sarto = Andrea Seoul?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dumb question Casa Del Sarto = Andrea Seoul?
Casa Del Sarto is a Korean tailoring brand. Andrea Seoul just carries them.

Andrea Seoul carries CDS, RJ, Orazio, Liverano, Coherence, and Corallo Rossa (higher end slightly more handwork and has a bespoke operation I believe, also Neapolitan style)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics