• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always wanted this jacket! But was afraid it was too much like the honey and blue from the previous spring.

I was fortunate enough to buy it second-hand from a LuxeSwap non-eBay sale a few years ago. The price was definitely right back then.

mbb355

Reaction score
Always wanted this jacket! But was afraid it was too much like the honey and blue from the previous spring.
I'm not seeing how this jacket could resemble a honey and blue one...

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to buy it second-hand from a LuxeSwap non-eBay sale a few years ago. The price was definitely right back then.

I remember that exact sale haha I almost got it then as well!

I'm not seeing how this jacket could resemble a honey and blue one...

Well the honey and blue reads more of a tan with a darker brown check and a blue over check. So the cream, orangey and brown tones are in both jackets to varying degrees. The only differing color is the blue.

Its not that either particularly resemble one another but they both fall in the same color ranges. In fact they aren’t even the same weave/pattern, but it’s the color similarities that really steered me away.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Model 1 is REALLY good. You can definitely feel the shoulder securing you when wearing, but it doesn’t look overly padded at all.
I’d be curious to try and size up if I get another Model 1.

RCD33

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the 288 jacket model? I've noticed it in a few asian stores, and through proxy sites but haven't heard of it before. The size guides make it seem similar to the 184, with maybe a bit more length.

brianoh

Reaction score
Anyone see any navy linen suits in 50 around by any chance? Jonesing.

piyasil

Reaction score
Anyone see any navy linen suits in 50 around by any chance? Jonesing.

Seen one on Drop93

brianoh

Reaction score
Thanks @piyasil -- Eff. Return for store credit only makes me hesitant about purchasing.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @piyasil -- Eff. Return for store credit only makes me hesitant about purchasing.

Not sure if it’s the shop giving you pause but I’ve purchased from them for years and they are always super helpful, they’ve sent me extra pics/confirmed measurements etc many times.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen one on Drop93
Nice suit, runs quite small.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll say it again. The most ideal OTR DB suit/sport jacket style for me... The Armoury Model 6 in Navy Balloon Wool, purchased from a LuxeSwap auction a few years ago.

Ring Jacket Navy Blazer Balloon Wool_mirror.jpg

Ring Jacket Navy Blazer Balloon Wool_closeup.jpg

Last edited:

Bavo

Reaction score
Does anybody have information on the US web shop no longer being available? The site just links to The Armoury (and the Japan site).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads