• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

PDandG

Reaction score
Definitely keep cats off of it--I speak from experience. Not sure about the brushing. Seems like it should be able to take it on the shoulders, for example, but I have only done it lightly.

It is a gesture of respect to run one’s claws through special fabrics.

Seems like brushing would fray the fabric over time. Like brushing a sweater.

professorclee

Reaction score
It is a gesture of respect to run one’s claws through special fabrics.

Seems like brushing would fray the fabric over time. Like brushing a sweater.
I've primarily used one of those lint rollers made of masking tape and then light brushing rarely.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A nice grey houndstooth from VBC
TYT Tie
Cavour Shirt and Shoes
E9A5F247-E2D3-4D44-96EA-96237BEA4773.jpeg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do y'all know/can y'all speak to what Ring's "Meister" line is all about?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is their highest level of production, so more handwork on buttonholes, hand padding etc and or bespoke pieces. There are also some Meister only models.
Meister line uses better canvas, higher armhole, more handwork as mentioned. 70%-80% bespoke level.
Thanks gents. I have both Model 3 from Armoury, and a Meister jacket. That matches up with my assumptions in handling/wearing the two, but nice to have confirmation from more reliable sources.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents. I have both Model 3 from Armoury, and a Meister jacket. That matches up with my assumptions in handling/wearing the two, but nice to have confirmation from more reliable sources.

Being that the Armoury doesn't sell the Meister line (AFAIK), did you size up? I ask because I also have a Model 3 suit and have wondered about sizing when wearing a non-Armoury RJ.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being that the Armoury doesn't sell the Meister line (AFAIK), did you size up? I ask because I also have a Model 3 suit and have wondered about sizing when wearing a non-Armoury RJ.

I also own AMJ01, 03 and others including a Meister and I’ve found it best to size up in everything that wasn’t AMJ. Although in the 01 it is definitely a touch more snug in the shoulders due to the padding but not enough to force me to size up.

The only exception to this in my experience is a raglan coat in a Japanese model that I went TTS.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did, and a damn good thing I did haha. I'll confirm when I get home, but I believe my Meister jacket is a 54EU, and it is in no way overly big. Actually surprisingly slim.
I also own AMJ01, 03 and others including a Meister and I’ve found it best to size up in everything that wasn’t AMJ. Although in the 01 it is definitely a touch more snug in the shoulders due to the padding but not enough to force me to size up.

The only exception to this in my experience is a raglan coat in a Japanese model that I went TTS.
Interesting re: AMJ/Model 1. The shoulder only feels a tad smaller? I think I'll stick with my Model 3 sizing based on that.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did, and a damn good thing I did haha. I'll confirm when I get home, but I believe my Meister jacket is a 54EU, and it is in no way overly big. Actually surprisingly slim.

Interesting re: AMJ/Model 1. The shoulder only feels a tad smaller? I think I'll stick with my Model 3 sizing based on that.

Yeah if I remember correctly the shoulders are slightly narrower and this is made more apparent by the padding.

It’s definitely not uncomfortable, it just feels more structured which it is of course. I think the other issue iirc when I got it was that had I sized up to a 52 it wouldve been way too long.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I size down on AMJ01 and AMJ03 to EU44 vs say EU46 on 184 (my usual size), though 184 was definitely on the slim side of my other stuff in US36/EU46 (Isaia/RLPL, Paul Stuart Phineas Cole etc)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads