• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

mbb355

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt answer! Unfortunately, it is probably too small for me, then :( With the Cordings balmacaan sold out and Berg&Berg not fitting me, I'll probably try the Camoshita one next.
Can I ask what’s wrong with the B&B raglan? I’m interested in trying one myself.

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
Can I ask what’s wrong with the B&B raglan? I’m interested in trying one myself.

I actually tried the Nisse coat out in ventile cotton, so the feel might be slightly different in tweed. However, I found the model very restricting in the shoulders with a sports jacket under it. The coat had ample room in the chest and stomach, but felt very small in the shoulder / scapula areas. I am usually an L / 52, quite athletic, and tried both a 52 and a 54 in the Nisse. Sadly, neither fit that well.

The fit felt very similar overall to Drake's "City raincoat", including the exact same problems with the fit...

mbb355

Reaction score
I actually tried the Nisse coat out in ventile cotton, so the feel might be slightly different in tweed. However, I found the model very restricting in the shoulders with a sports jacket under it. The coat had ample room in the chest and stomach, but felt very small in the shoulder / scapula areas. I am usually an L / 52, quite athletic, and tried both a 52 and a 54 in the Nisse. Sadly, neither fit that well.

The fit felt very similar overall to Drake's "City raincoat", including the exact same problems with the fit...
Interesting, thanks. The size chart does seem to support that assessment--surprisingly small shoulders with wide chest and waist. I wonder if maybe you can size up to get the right shoulder fit, then perhaps have an alterations tailor nip the waist and shorten the sleeves a bit?

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks. The size chart does seem to support that assessment--surprisingly small shoulders with wide chest and waist. I wonder if maybe you can size up to get the right shoulder fit, then perhaps have an alterations tailor nip the waist and shorten the sleeves a bit?

That could well be possible, I guess size 56 would be good in the shoulders. However, I thought that the needed alterations would probably be quite large (with 52 being the "normal" size aside from shoulders), and I was afraid it would be too costly/difficult to alter. Oh well, size 56 is still up for sale, maybe I should give it a try... ;)

macumbista

Reaction score
[Moved from seperate thread]

I just received a gorgeous Ring Jacket from their online shop in the USA, and now I am looking for a local tailor in Stockholm to finish it (cuff buttonholes mainly, plus maybe small adjustments). Does anyone have a good recommendation? I've just moved here, and there seem to be a lot of small alterations plus dry cleaning places around, but I wonder if this kind of work is suitable for them or not.

And a more n00b question: in general, if I buy an unfinished jacket like this from a walk-in shop, will the finishing be included in the price?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you buy at full px usually it’s included, though not sure if it would been faux or functional sleeve

macumbista

Reaction score
I am looking for a local tailor in Stockholm to finish it (cuff buttonholes mainly, plus maybe small adjustments).

Skrädderi Bakkali was recommended by Lund and Lund and they seem very competant.

Last edited:

rdepuit

Reaction score
Can anyone help translate this RJ tag # AM059F27B to decode which model jacket this might be?

Thanks!
s-l1600.jpg

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help translate this RJ tag # AM059F27B to decode which model jacket this might be?

Thanks! View attachment 1530439

Unfortunately those numbers won’t tell you the actual model rather than if it for the US/Armoury, jacket or suit, year and season, and color.

barryzhang27

Reaction score
Hi everyone- I’m looking to upgrade my collection of overcoats and I’d like to purchase a used or second hand Ring Jacket overcoat at a decent price. Looking for a size 36 or a slimmer size 38 (in the chest and waist). If anyone has such a coat, let me know!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
though they might want to add a few more footnote they talk about TAJ-02 by talking about 254 except they didn't talk about 254... (though I think 254 is basically same as 253?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads