• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. There is no button hole on the "1" level to roll it 6x1. I do think this cloth is pliable enough to do so if there was an extra hole.

Seems like there should be a button hole there??

Hard to tell on that specific fabric, but other examples of the model 6 have the second (lower) button hole.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. There is no button hole on the "1" level to roll it 6x1. I do think this cloth is pliable enough to do so if there was an extra hole.

that's kind "odd", I thought all the 6x2 jacket would have the button hole on both top and bottom (or I think my old RL had them), guess a bit oh well

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like there should be a button hole there??

Hard to tell on that specific fabric, but other examples of the model 6 have the second (lower) button hole.
that's kind "odd", I thought all the 6x2 jacket would have the button hole on both top and bottom (or I think my old RL had them), guess a bit oh well

Nope, no button hole...
IMG_3046.jpg

And no corresponding button.
IMG_3045.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How bizarre. Not sure I’ve ever seen a 6x2 with only one button.
Not that there’s anything wrong with it as is, but maybe give thought to having one done by a tailor? Depending on your locale, I’d imagine it somewhat straightforward finding a tailor who can (mostly) match the quality.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Easily Amused, what is in the circle?

546B0FF6-5686-4441-9BDF-2095806F76EF.jpeg

I think you may be buttoning the inner flap to the outside. The inner flap should have one button hole corresponding to one button inside. Outside should have two buttons, two button holes like a two button suit.

Last edited:

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Easily Amused, what is in the circle?

View attachment 1485698

I think you may be buttoning the inner flap to the outside. The inner flap should have one button hole corresponding to one button inside. Outside should have two buttons, two button hols like a two button suit.

Nope, I'm buttoning this on the correct side. Actually, also check out the photos from The Armoury's page on this model. No additional button hole on the 1 level.

5134748713031.jpg
5134748778567.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope, I'm buttoning this on the correct side. Actually, also check out the photos from The Armoury's page on this model. No additional button hole on the 1 level.

View attachment 1485706
View attachment 1485707

I guess it's their ways of saying don't you dare of doing some faux pas 6x1...

edit: so just want to make sure I understand correctly, you close from the left side, and there are only "faux" button on the front bottom one to the right I circle (or rectangle) in red that's decorative and isn't actually open?

1603850257307.png

because this looks like from the left side and has 2 holes as @hpreston was saying

1603850421662.png

Last edited:

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiences with Ring Jacket's raglan balmacaan coats? Looking at one from The Rake sale and wondering about sizing; I am a 52/L in most clothes, and wondering if the size 52 balmacaan is roomy enough.

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiences with Ring Jacket's raglan balmacaan coats? Looking at one from The Rake sale and wondering about sizing; I am a 52/L in most clothes, and wondering if the size 52 balmacaan is roomy enough.
I‘ve had to size up if I wanted to wear it with more than just a tshirt.

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
I‘ve had to size up if I wanted to wear it with more than just a tshirt.

Thanks for the prompt answer! Unfortunately, it is probably too small for me, then :( With the Cordings balmacaan sold out and Berg&Berg not fitting me, I'll probably try the Camoshita one next.

Flight Of Ideas

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt answer! Unfortunately, it is probably too small for me, then :( With the Cordings balmacaan sold out and Berg&Berg not fitting me, I'll probably try the Camoshita one next.
Yeah I feel the pain. Found an amazing belted raglan coat but sadly too tight. Not sure why the weird sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads