• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is everything 6x2 though?

Yeah but the POW can comfortably become a 6x1 without looking off. Although I have been eyeing another model that’s a dedicated 6x1.

I can’t say I’ve seen any 4x1 but definitely a few 4x2.

mbb355

Reaction score
Why is the new collection so...lame? Pieces look fine but only three new sport coats? They had more than twice as many new offerings for S/S 2020. Kind of a let down.

professorclee

Reaction score
Why is the new collection so...lame? Pieces look fine but only three new sport coats? They had more than twice as many new offerings for S/S 2020. Kind of a let down.
Maybe the collection is COVID impacted? I have been looking for a larger range of sport coats like they used to have back in 2015-18, such as brown and blue windowpane jackets, slubby or textured grey and navy jackets, etc. I would like to see more options.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
probably play safe given the current situation

mbb355

Reaction score
I suppose although similar brands like Drakes, The Armoury, and Berg & Berg have released new collections on par with previous ones, which are far more extensive than what Ring Jacket has released here. I'm also confused as to why some retailers offer new RJ pieces that are not featured on the RJ website. See, e.g., Trunk Clothiers and Cavour, which each feature new RJ sportcoats that can't be found on the RJ website. Maybe that left to some agreement between RJ and the retailer but *shrug*

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah but the POW can comfortably become a 6x1 without looking off. Although I have been eyeing another model that’s a dedicated 6x1.

I can’t say I’ve seen any 4x1 but definitely a few 4x2.

I really like their 6x1 model, which is hard to find in RTW. It feels a lot less stuffy than a 6x2.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like their 6x1 model, which is hard to find in RTW. It feels a lot less stuffy than a 6x2.

didn't the Rake just release something 6 x 1?

edit: not Ring Jacket, but just as a general comment for other 6x1 rtw alternative

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Rake pieces, from the looks of them there seems to be a lot of structure in the top block and possibly some shoulder padding which I have to avoid like the plague unless I want to look like a walking safe.

The Ring models are much more unstructured even as a 6x1.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoying my warmer weather tailoring during this unseasonable warmth...

IMG_0247.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
have you tried roll 6x1 on these (as in just do it)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads