1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Ring Jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ring Jacket USA, Sep 2, 2015.

1. comrade

comrade Distinguished Member

I probably mentioned this earlier in the thread,
    but the model(s)carried by Khakis of Carmel over
    several seasons in store and at the trunk shows run
    very small. Usually wear a 44R in Belvest, Partenopea,'
    Isaia, H. Freeman. Ring jacket doesn't even close
    and the shoulders are tight. They did not offer 46 R.

2. lolscoolcat

lolscoolcat Member

hi,

anyone with experience with the Calm Twist fabric can give a review?

The only information i can find about RJ proprietary fabric is the dry hand and breathable open weave (similar to minis fresco). According to the RJ site it is a durable fabric and has some degree of stretch?

I am a young working professional looking to build a corporate wardrobe in a hot and humid climate. Calm Twist therefore sounds like a perfect cloth, although I am weary of the durability claim (I spent a significant amounts of time seated therefore would be harder than usual on the trousers/trouser seat area).

would this cloth be suitable? would the open weave be too see through (particularly navy calm weave cloth with white shirt?)

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018

3. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

It’s pretty reasonable for summer, linen would probably would be cooler though (but winkles).

Can’t say about durability I have 30+ suit/sportscoat, so never wear anything that hard...

4. kevinsvindland

kevinsvindland Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

I’ve had my grey calm twist suit on rotation for a bit more than a year.

The fabric is indeed light and breathable. But no need to worry about it being see through.

Might be a good idea to get an extra pair of trousers if you plan to wear it more than once or twice a week.

5. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Can anybody school me to the details of Ring Jacket's "Creamy Waffle" fabric?

6. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior Member

Wearing this new RJ acquisition today for the first time. This is the American model (a bit fuller than the 254 model).

IMG_1261.jpeg

7. konoyaro

konoyaro Senior Member