Ring Jacket suits - anyone have experience?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by msawch, May 27, 2011.

1. msawch

msawch Active Member

Looking for some commentary / reviews from those who have had experience with Ring Jacket's RTW suit line, particularly the 184 Model. How do these suits stack up in terms of quality, construction and fit. The Armoury stocks these and they seem like a solid value at first glance.

2. sydneycentric

sydneycentric Senior member

Bump!! Looking at purchasing a couple myself.....what's the general concensus?

3. nutcracker

nutcracker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a RTW jacket by Ring. like many other Japanese brands, it fits one size small. I normally go for 44 (Euro brands), but for Ring Jacket, I went for 46. The fit was still quite tailored/slim. Can't say much about their suits though.

4. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Check out The Armoury and their blog. I've seen Ring jackets on there before.

5. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

I've tried one on. I liked the styling and construction a lot. It's prob. best if you can try one on, but if you can't I'd email the Armoury guys. They're very helpful.

6. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Has anyone found any US-based clothiers that carry Ring Jackets?

7. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

There aren't any -- it's predominantly a Japanese domestic brand. The Armoury may even be the first place outside of Japan to sell it but I'm not sure about that. Either way, nobody in the US carries it.

8. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

is the quality of their suits on a par with canali ?or higher?

and how many lines do they have?
    i think i have seen black label and white label, but don't know whether it means different lines.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

9. Wongtouski

Wongtouski Senior member

I have a MTM RJ suit from the Armoury, To be honest I could've bought a RTW one as they didn't make many changes from the RTW ones I tried on. I love the style, it's very Italian and slim, it wasn't cheap as I got the cheapest fabric and it cost me 19k but I love the look of it and its by far my fav suit.

I've been trying to look for it online with not much luck other than Rakuten, but the prices seem "sketchy" as it may be too cheap? (compared to The Armoury RTW price). I also "read" about them on Men's EX and they retail at around 95,000 Yen in Japan.

10. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

thank you, sir!
    considering you tried on some RTW, how do you comment on the construction/quality ?
    i want to sure whether they are worth the high price. [​IMG]

11. Wongtouski

Wongtouski Senior member

They're very well made overall, its very detailed. The fabrics are very soft on teh fingers and you can expect typical Japanese high quality. The reason I say this is because I took that suit to get it copied at Lee Baron just last week, and a lot of things were pointed out to me that suggested a lot of details were in the suit, reason being all these details costs me extra to get it copied lol. The small things like buttons, side buckles, are all very nice. I would snap some pics for you but the suit hasn't been returned to me yet. Disclaimer: I don't have a L.B.M. 1911 blazer or and Italian made unconstructed blazers, but the look can be achieved from RJ. I want to buy another suit from them but I'm trying to score a deal somewhere on line lol

12. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

sounds great
    thanks!

13. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

14. conradwu

conradwu Affiliate Vendor

Cut similar to Suit Supply but slimmer. Shorter arm/jacket length. Made for the Asian frame in mind.

Lovely fabrics offerings. Trust the Japanese to get shit right!