Ring Jacket - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ring Jacket USA, Sep 2, 2015.

1. fal32

fal32 Senior member

How come the new 253/254 sportcoats for this season are all half-canvassed? In the past I thought all the sportcoats and suits were fully canvassed...

2. Ring Jacket USA

Ring Jacket USA Active Member Affiliate Vendor

Hi there. Model 253 and 254 have nearly the same fit, but are constructed slightly differently. Model 253 is generally reserved for suits, and is always fully-canvassed. Model 254 is generally reserved for jackets, and is made up with a lighter, half-canvass construction that gives the jacket an even softer feel. For reference, the only difference in fit between the two models is that the jacket model (254) is cut 1 cm shorter in the back length.

3. comrade

comrade Senior member

Question:

The only retailer that carries Ring Jacket that I know of in Northern CA
    is Khaki's in Carmel. Both at Khaki's and at two trunk shows in San Francisco
    I tried your jackets in 44R. They didn't come close to fitting in the chest
    and shoulders. Do you have 46 (56) R ? Can it be ordered?

Thanks.

4. Ring Jacket USA

Ring Jacket USA Active Member Affiliate Vendor

Hi Comrade

Retailers size their own orders, but many of our stockists do carry size 56 and sometimes 58. We also have a some items available in those sizes through our web shop.

5. fal32

fal32 Senior member

I thought Model 254 was fully canvassed from a previous post that's why I'm surprised to see that it is half-canvassed now...

IMG_5423.jpg

6. Mr.Derk

Mr.Derk New Member

You have a dropped shoulder as you can see from the shot from behind. You need to rebalance the shoulder and collar to compensate for the drop on your right shoulder. All you really need is a good tailor. I had a customer the other day with the same issue and was able to correct it with a few tweaks.

If you love the suit and fabric then get it but if you want something that fit perfect off the rack you might need something with a more of a padded shoulder to mask that drop.