• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket Japan

alco

Reaction score
Curious to know as well, please keep us posted :)

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
Shipping will be done through EMS.

Latest emails:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Are they talking about customs? I'm getting the feeling that they rarely ship overseas B2C. They are obviously very polite about the whole situation and do seemingly want to expand their business overseas (as evidenced by their partnership with Khakis of Carmel).

Leonardo Da Vinci

Reaction score
I guess they refer to the shipping fee, not of the custom, cause the customs fee have a different amount in every country they have to deliver their items, while the shipping fee it depend on the shipping company they use.

And talking about the customs fee. EMS is the company that offer the highest probability to avoid that fee, but it takes weeksss the item to be delivered.
While using fedex, ups, the shipping is faster but there is no way to avoid the customs fee: just if they mark the invoice as Gift, or Sample, but I doubt that store does such things

Last edited:

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that they quoted me 2800 JPY shipped to New York.

When I then asked how they would like to receive payment and for a total amount (suit + shipping), they gave me those responses.

I'm not familiar with the term "overseas remittance". I thought it meant they were trying to figure out the wire transfer details at first but now I'm just confused.

Last edited:

Leonardo Da Vinci

Reaction score
Ok, I got,
When they speak of overseas remittance they mean the commission applied by the bank on the wire transfer you sent from your bank.
It you both have an account to the same bank, there shouldn't be any commission, but I feel this is no the case, so now when you send to them the wire transfer it will pass under an intermediary bank.
You should call your bank and ask them to advice their intermediary bank for this transaction no to apply the fee: I guess it's a matter of agreement between them, so first of all ask them if they can: when you've to fill up the form there are some voices about this point: you'd better ask your bank in order to write the correct things.
I don't know if the fee is on % of the amount sent, so as you're buying a suit, it would be better to avoid fully that fee.............if is possible, hope is it.
Just contact them for details and let us know

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quote:
So far USD ~$60 remittance/shipping + $35 wire transfer fee + customs fee (rolling the dice).

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
Update:

Suit just arrived.

Shipping took 2 days (shipped on 20th, arrived 22nd). Quote was 3-4 days.

No customs paid.

Relatively smooth transaction despite the language barrier.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Khaki's of Carmel has now begun to carry the Ring Jacket line. I haven't had a chance to get down to Carmel yet but plan to in the next couple of weeks.

Their Tumblr and website blogs show a navy blazer and a small scale grey herringbone. They have patch pockets, very little padding, etc. Very nice! I look forward to trying them on.

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
Khaki's of Carmel has now begun to carry the Ring Jacket line. I haven't had a chance to get down to Carmel yet but plan to in the next couple of weeks.

Their Tumblr and website blogs show a navy blazer and a small scale grey herringbone. They have patch pockets, very little padding, etc. Very nice! I look forward to trying them on.

Any idea about the pricing?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any idea about the pricing? 

No I don't. I will probably head down there in the next few weeks. When I do I will post details about price and fit. I understand that they adapted their usual cut for the US market. WIll it fit me? We shall see. But so far, I like what I see on the Khaki's website.

Displacement

Reaction score

No I don't. I will probably head down there in the next few weeks. When I do I will post details about price and fit. I understand that they adapted their usual cut for the US market. WIll it fit me? We shall see. But so far, I like what I see on the Khaki's website.

I sincerely hope that means taller, not 'fuller'

I'd love to get my hands on some of their shirts.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I sincerely hope that means taller, not 'fuller'

I'd love to get my hands on some of their shirts.

From everything I've seen of their work I doubt it means fuller, probably longer. They are true to the Italian look and vibe. My guess is that it will be along the lines of LBM or Boglioli but that is just a guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads