• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket Japan

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What fabric/books are those last two jackets? (The blue, and the green/brown)

khakisofcarmel

Reaction score
Edward Green Malverin on the 82 last with single leather sole in black suede. An example of what we'll be bringing to the Ring Jacket trunk show.
Very excited for our trunk show at the Le Meridien hotel in San Francisco on September 28th. Please make an appointment by dropping an email to [email protected] or call the store at 831-625-8106
- The Khaki's Team

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is a great looking fabric. Is it a silk blend?

Tallcane

Reaction score
Question for those who have ring jackets. I had the opportunity to try on a ring jacket suit this weekend and had mixed emotions with it. To be honest, I am really looking at the fit of the suit jacket to translate it to a blazer or sportcoat. Clearly, the quality of the suit is fantastic. Here are my two issues. First, the shoulders are so relaxed that they create a downward sloping effect. I consider myself to have normal shoulders and I tend to stand erect. Is the sloping effect the "house" shoulder or do they have models with a little more structure? Also, this jacket is only partially lined and when I put it on with a dress shirt, tie and belt it showed every thing that was under the jacket. Shirt wrinkles, the belt buckle, etc. all showed through the jacket. I tried the jacket on with a t-shirt to compare and the fit was nice and smooth. As soon as it was with a dress shirt it showed wrinkles and stuff under it. Is this normal for ring or just an issue with the lack of lining combined with the light suit fabric? Anyone else experience this issue?

Thanks in advance for anyone's input.

Tallcane

Reaction score
Thanks Justin. Interesting you say that about the way it will feel because that is exactly how it felt. It felt like having a sweater on. It was strange.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 quarter lined suits that were MTM with solid colored fabrics. One corduroy and one a fine wool twill. I don't have any of the see-through issues you mentioned on those. I do have an off white Ring RTW in a loose weave and yes there is a bit of a see-through but no more than I experience with seeing pockets on white pants or seeing through a white linen shirt. Perhaps it is your choice of material?

Tallcane

Reaction score
It wasn't that it was see through. It was the outline of the underlying material coming through. If the underlying shirt developed a fold or wrinkle, it showed through the jacket.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just returned from the Khakis X Ring trunk show. It goes on for a few more hours so stop in if you are in SF.

Khaki's owner Jim Ockert and Mr Sasamoto atop the le Maridian hotel. Nice view and a beautiful day in the city.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads