• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket Japan

ezlau

Reaction score

Any idea about the pricing? 

Just emailed them. Currently they have 3 sportcoats in cashmere available for Fall @ $995. They are bringing in more jackets in the spring.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just emailed them. Currently they have 3 sportcoats in cashmere available for Fall @ $995. They are bringing in more jackets in the spring.

If they fit me, then that would be a great price for cashmere and the level of detail Ring Jacket is said to offer. I'm impressed that it is under $1,300. This has really peaked my interest.

On their blog I saw a navy blazer and grey herringbone. I wonder what the third one is? Did they say?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This has really peaked my interest.

[Grammar nerd] "piqued" [/Grammar nerd] :satisfied:

Odd jackets by Ring Jacket usually cost Y70 000 (which is pretty much directly equivalent to USD$700) for a standard wool jacket at stockists in Tokyo, although jackets made from mohair/wool blends etc often seem to cost over Y80 000 yen.

They're pretty slim cut by Western standards - I find that I have to go up a size to get a proper fit.

Last edited:

ezlau

Reaction score

If they fit me, then that would be a great price for cashmere and the level of detail Ring Jacket is said to offer. I'm impressed that it is under $1,300. This has really peaked my interest.

On their blog I saw a navy blazer and grey herringbone. I wonder what the third one is? Did they say?

"Right now our Ring Jacket offerings are limited to three coats from them (black cashmere, navy cashmere and herringbone charcoal/light tan). We'll be getting in a wider variety in the spring.

The price is $995.00.

Let me know if you have more questions!"

I should mention, I am a US36-37 15/38 in shirts and was sized as a size 40 (which is their smallest size).

Also uploaded a picture of the salesperson sent to me. He's 5'10", 145lbs and wearing a size 40. (sleeves come unfinished).

http://imgur.com/kOJBQxv

Last edited:

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
Doesn't seem that they did many adjustments if that's a 40. Or maybe that salesperson just has ridiculously long arms.

emiristol

Reaction score
@conradwu

i'm interested in ordering direct from them as well--do they have an email address? also, did you conduct the entire transaction in english or japanese (with google translate or some other thing)

metronomy

Reaction score
I know your instagram ! my ID Shoestokyo,
1 month ago , i bought ring jacket at Isetan Dept.

you can find ring jacket sale products rakuten.co.jp

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
@conradwu

i'm interested in ordering direct from them as well--do they have an email address? also, did you conduct the entire transaction in english or japanese (with google translate or some other thing)

[email protected]

English. Having a friend translate and write to them in Japanese would be extremely helpful.

I know your instagram ! my ID Shoestokyo,
1 month ago , i bought ring jacket at Isetan Dept.

you can find ring jacket sale products rakuten.co.jp

biggrin.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jason of Tumblr brokeandbespoke and I will head down to Khaki's of Carmel in two weeks. We will take lots of pics and post here or in the Khaki's thread. I understand they also have some custom Martin Greenfield jackets in. They are a unique cut and fabric for Khaki's. It should give us a lot to photograph.

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'll be in Tokyo around the end of the month and will stop by to see their Fall offerings. Looking to get one of dem soft odd jackets + blouson but it's hard to imagine be able to contain myself.

Goodbye wallet
musicboohoo[1].gif

emiristol

Reaction score
I just engaged in an email exchange with the good folks at RJ, and they're extremely helpful, but I can't make heads or tails of the last message I received:

"I have your annoying Thanks for your reply.
It is at once, but it was also available in stock.
What shall I do think?

The support of our company, you will be mailed by EMS.
It is as soon as payment in foreign remittances can be confirmed at that time.
Thank you."

This was in response to my inquiry regarding a scarf they had on their ringjacket tumblr. Are they saying that they do have it in stock and that they will send it to me once I pay some fees?

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
It seems to be in stock.

Ask them for total amount (scarf + remittance + shipping charges), as well as bank information so you can wire the funds over. Keep in mind you pay in JPY. Also provide them your address.

I've always suspected that they just used google translate for emails... this confirms it!

emiristol

Reaction score
I've always suspected that they just used google translate for emails... this confirms it!
Yeah, they were referencing the "color of hope" in earlier messages, so unless it was some sort of metaphor for a cashmere scarf, I'm quite certain they use Google Translate.

Just emailed them back. Will update once I receive a reply!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads