1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ring Jacket Japan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by conradwu, Jul 31, 2013.

1. conradwu

conradwu Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Doesn't seem that they did many adjustments if that's a 40. Or maybe that salesperson just has ridiculously long arms.

2. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

@conradwu

i'm interested in ordering direct from them as well--do they have an email address? also, did you conduct the entire transaction in english or japanese (with google translate or some other thing)

3. metronomy

metronomy Active Member

I know your instagram ! my ID Shoestokyo,
    1 month ago , i bought ring jacket at Isetan Dept.

you can find ring jacket sale products rakuten.co.jp

4. conradwu

tailorring@ringjacket.co.jp

English. Having a friend translate and write to them in Japanese would be extremely helpful.

[​IMG]

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Jason of Tumblr brokeandbespoke and I will head down to Khaki's of Carmel in two weeks. We will take lots of pics and post here or in the Khaki's thread. I understand they also have some custom Martin Greenfield jackets in. They are a unique cut and fabric for Khaki's. It should give us a lot to photograph.

1 person likes this.
  6. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

Great, thanks

1 person likes this.
  7. conradwu

I'll be in Tokyo around the end of the month and will stop by to see their Fall offerings. Looking to get one of dem soft odd jackets + blouson but it's hard to imagine be able to contain myself.

Goodbye wallet [​IMG]

8. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

I just engaged in an email exchange with the good folks at RJ, and they're extremely helpful, but I can't make heads or tails of the last message I received:

"I have your annoying Thanks for your reply.
    It is at once, but it was also available in stock.
    What shall I do think?

The support of our company, you will be mailed by EMS.
    It is as soon as payment in foreign remittances can be confirmed at that time.
    Thank you."

This was in response to my inquiry regarding a scarf they had on their ringjacket tumblr. Are they saying that they do have it in stock and that they will send it to me once I pay some fees?

9. conradwu

It seems to be in stock.

Ask them for total amount (scarf + remittance + shipping charges), as well as bank information so you can wire the funds over. Keep in mind you pay in JPY. Also provide them your address.

I've always suspected that they just used google translate for emails... this confirms it!

10. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

Yeah, they were referencing the "color of hope" in earlier messages, so unless it was some sort of metaphor for a cashmere scarf, I'm quite certain they use Google Translate.

Just emailed them back. Will update once I receive a reply!

11. GusW

Went to Khaki's of Carmel yesterday. Trying on Ring Jackets was near the top of my list of things to do. Both Jason of Brokeandbespoke and I tried them on and were very impressed. The quality of workmanship, fabric and the shoulder are amazing.

Here is the last herringbone they had in stock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am normally a Euro 52. I sized up to a 54. The fit was flawless. Just a little nip in the waist and a little on the sleeves and it would be perfect. I had lots of range of motion. I would say the shoulder and the movement were what impressed me the most. But when I saw the price, that blew me away. There isn't anything close to this fit and quality for the price. It beats Cucinelli at 3x the price.

They also have a navy jacket with the same great fit. I think at $990 it is the very best navy jacket value anywhere. This isn't a big boxy typical American cut. This is for guys who can wear a more trim fit but without being a skinny cut. If you are considering a blue blazer, get it.

This cut is unique to Khaki's of Carmel. I don't know for sure how it compares to say The Armoury but would assume it is a bit longer in the body but without being a Long.

The buttons are nice as are the inside details. It looked like some hand and some machine stiching inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

fabric looks lovely. can you show a wider (full length) shot though?

13. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

Hi there,

Do you mean 280k yen, ie $2800? If so, that's an awful lot for an RJ suit, much though I do adore them!

14. GusW

15. chogall

chogall Senior member

wow that's a very nice blue blazer with a full chest. is the sleeve pitch problem due to the pose or the cut?

any free alteration services at j lawerence?

16. GusW

The pitch is my poor attempt at a Styleforum robo pose :) When I stood naturally it looked fine on both the navy jacket and herringbone tweed.

Yes they alter your purchases.

17. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

pocket seems a bit square, and tall

18. GusW

I think the angle of the pic enhances that effect. Let me see if I can find a better side pocket pic.

19. conradwu

Herringbone looks great. I'm surprised they didn't choose to stock RJ special seasonal fabrics (creamy waffle).

20. GusW

This is their first shipment. Most smart retailers and manufacturers build gradually to work out any details. I'm told they will have a much greater selection for Spring which means January. They also discussed shirts and many other Ring Jacket items. This could really get interesting in a few months. :)

1 person likes this.