• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Fingers

prboss

Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased a gold nugget ring. I do not plan on wearing it at work, only at social events. My question is: Can I wear it on my index finger or do rings need to be worn only on ring or pinkie fingers? it is rather large so, to me, it physically looks ok on my index.

What is the correct ring wearing etiquitte?

Thank you.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for something like this you could probably wear it on any finger but your wedding ring finger. I don't think there are many etiquette rules associated with wearing a big gold nugget
wink.gif

prboss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
for something like this you could probably wear it on any finger but your wedding ring finger. I don't think there are many etiquette rules associated with wearing a big gold nugget
wink.gif

thanks. I see people with rings on different fingers and it just seems odd. I dont want to be THATguy! I can have it sized down.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a pic of this ring? I've never seen a men's gold nugget ring before.

prboss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Is it possible to get a pic of this ring? I've never seen a men's gold nugget ring before.
this is a pic of a gold nugget and gold quartz ring. there is other gold nugget jewerly, such as watch bands, pendants or raw nugget jewerly also. It's an Alaskan thing!
smile.gif

info

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by prboss
this is a pic of a gold nugget and gold quartz ring. there is other gold nugget jewerly, such as watch bands, pendants or raw nugget jewerly also. It's an Alaskan thing!
smile.gif

info

I think it must be an Alaskan thing. Just make sure you don't come aross as a sleazy car salesman showing on his bling. That is the immiedate first thought when I see a large ring.

prboss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
I think it must be an Alaskan thing. Just make sure you don't come aross as a sleazy car salesman showing on his bling. That is the immiedate first thought when I see a large ring.
yes, it is a bit Miami Vice, but i have a weakness for things that glitter. Like any other accessory, there is a time and a place for almost everything.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a slim white gold ring on my index regularly...I like it

prboss

Reaction score
well, it sounds like there are no specific rules other than personal choice.

prboss

Reaction score
fyi...found this in an old GQ mag:

A: I think rings work best on the fourth finger, the ring finger. Wearing a ring on the middle finger gives one a kind of "brass knuckles" look. Pinkie rings look effete in a thuggish way. As for the rock, I think a man should rely on diamonds only for his phonograph stylus, but I'm swimming upstream on this matter. Millionaire he-man athletes are going around bejeweled like Liz Taylor. Anyway, if you're going to do diamonds, the more discreet the better.
January 2006

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is funny, zjpj83!

Although... if you wore it on your right hand's pinkie you coulod just say that you a mining engineer
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads