Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ring Etiquette

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by singhstyle, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

The only men who can wear a pinky ring and not look like a guido are engineers. When I see a guy with a pinky ring I just roll my eyes and think, "Oh, I see".

I think one ring per hand. Wedding ring + one other is the max.

2. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

^ why engineers?

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Brits (and many other Europeans) of the very non-guido type typically wear signet rings on their pinkies.

4. sjnv

sjnv Senior member

^ why engineers?
    Engineers (at least in Canada) get an Iron Ring when they graduate. It's worn on the pinky finger of your working hand.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I enjoy wearing multiple gold rings like Sammy Davis Jr., or Renaissance popes.

[​IMG]

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i didn;t read the op, but make sure it's big enough to slide over both your cock and the base of your nuts.

7. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm not the type to wear a lot of jewelry - a watch and two rings is pushing it for me - but I wear a wedding band on my left hand and I will occasionally wear a simple band on my right thumb. I've found that I get a few questions about the thumb, particularly because it's on the hand I use to shake hands, but people are generally complimentary. The people who are not complimentary tend to be guys who think it's funny to give me grief for it, and it tends to be from the same group that picks on me for dressing better than they do. The compliments tend to come from women and better-dressed men. I don't have to tell you which group is the one to which I pay attention.

Given the above I think a solitary thumb ring is fine. However, I always take it off for events where there is any real level of formality.

8. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

I enjoy wearing multiple gold rings like Sammy Davis Jr., or Renaissance popes.

[​IMG]

Good look.

I will occasionally wear a simple band on my right thumb.

No no no...

9. MrG

MrG Senior member

No no no...

Well since you've decided I can't do it I'll abandon the practice immediately.

Now you just have to convince the other 10 or so other posters in this thread who said a ring is fine, assuming it's done properly.

10. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Brits (and many other Europeans) of the very non-guido type typically wear signet rings on their pinkies.

it really is a very cultural thing. I know a lot of europeans who wear this well. I actually know a few americans who pull it off well, too. but many can't

11. West24

West24 Senior member

i hate rings on the thumb. i think it looks so tacky and out of place. just my opinion.

12. Artigas

Artigas Senior member

The U.S. military says you can wear one ring, in good taste (sic), on each hand. I'd say that's probably a good standard to go by.

I wear a turqoise/silver on my left index and a bloodstone/white gold signet on my right middle. That's where they fit.

13. KenN

KenN Senior member

Just keep them off the pinky.

True.
    Unless you are an Engineer.

An iron ring wore by engineers on their dominant hand signifies their commitment to safety and acts as a reminder of an engineer's professional and moral obligation to the public. Each time the wearer writes, draws or signs their work, his/her ring brushes against the document and reminds them of engineering humility.

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

That's cool, I didn't know that.

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Just keep them off the pinky.
    I was in a meeting with a guy who wore a pinky ring on both hands, one was diamond and the other was some other jewel. It was surprising given his position and profession.