• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Right-wingers love new Oliver Stone movie

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. Don't know if I'm up to watching it though.
frown.gif

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought there was some kind of controversy with this movie? Judging by the descriptions, there doesn't seem to be anything to be upset about.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow Oliver Stone finally getting some love from that rosy camp

bryce330

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
I thought there was some kind of controversy with this movie? Judging by the descriptions, there doesn't seem to be anything to be upset about.

I think people were worried that given Oliver Stone's history and his political sympathies, it was going to be a radical left-wing movie that was going to piss a lot of people off, sort of the cinematic equivalent to Ward Churchill's ravings.

And then there are some people who have issues with making any movies about 9/11. I can understand their point of view, but as long as it is done is a respectful way, I don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't want to see a Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer action blockbuster about the 9/11 attacks, but I think movies like United 93 and World Trade Center are entirely appropriate.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryce330
And then there are some people who have issues with making any movies about 9/11. I can understand their point of view, but as long as it is done is a respectful way, I don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't want to see a Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer action blockbuster about the 9/11 attacks, but I think movies like United 93 and World Trade Center are entirely appropriate.

This was my worry. I'm intrigued, but I'm trying to fight the cynic in me that sees this as someone making a buck off of a tragedy. Also, I'm not sure I'm really ready to see the events dramatized.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Wow Oliver Stone finally getting some love from that rosy camp

wait until the credit ends... he might spring a surprise ala x-men 3!
laugh.gif

ArtisticShowcase

Reaction score
On Imdb.com, there is a lot of crap flying through the fan about "World Trade Center" and the highly acclaimed "Flight 93" especially from self proclaimed conspiracy therorists who believe that the attacks were a set-up a cover up by the US government.

I think as long as you keep true to the subject matter and portray everything as it is. No glorifying action stars. No embellishment. Tell it how WE as Amerrica saw it. It would be hard to see The Rock or Lindsay Lohan in a protagonist role in a 9/11 movie.

And I'm also assuming that the movie is R-rated like Flight 93.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads