1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Right-wingers love new Oliver Stone movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by bryce330, Jul 26, 2006.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Sounds awesome. Don't know if I'm up to watching it though. [​IMG]

2. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

I thought there was some kind of controversy with this movie? Judging by the descriptions, there doesn't seem to be anything to be upset about.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Wow Oliver Stone finally getting some love from that rosy camp

4. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

I thought there was some kind of controversy with this movie? Judging by the descriptions, there doesn't seem to be anything to be upset about.

I think people were worried that given Oliver Stone's history and his political sympathies, it was going to be a radical left-wing movie that was going to piss a lot of people off, sort of the cinematic equivalent to Ward Churchill's ravings.

And then there are some people who have issues with making any movies about 9/11. I can understand their point of view, but as long as it is done is a respectful way, I don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't want to see a Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer action blockbuster about the 9/11 attacks, but I think movies like United 93 and World Trade Center are entirely appropriate.

5. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

And then there are some people who have issues with making any movies about 9/11. I can understand their point of view, but as long as it is done is a respectful way, I don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't want to see a Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer action blockbuster about the 9/11 attacks, but I think movies like United 93 and World Trade Center are entirely appropriate.

This was my worry. I'm intrigued, but I'm trying to fight the cynic in me that sees this as someone making a buck off of a tragedy. Also, I'm not sure I'm really ready to see the events dramatized.

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Wow Oliver Stone finally getting some love from that rosy camp

wait until the credit ends... he might spring a surprise ala x-men 3! [​IMG]

7. ArtisticShowcase

ArtisticShowcase Senior member

On Imdb.com, there is a lot of crap flying through the fan about "World Trade Center" and the highly acclaimed "Flight 93" especially from self proclaimed conspiracy therorists who believe that the attacks were a set-up a cover up by the US government.

I think as long as you keep true to the subject matter and portray everything as it is. No glorifying action stars. No embellishment. Tell it how WE as Amerrica saw it. It would be hard to see The Rock or Lindsay Lohan in a protagonist role in a 9/11 movie.

And I'm also assuming that the movie is R-rated like Flight 93.