1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Right shoe for the casual setting?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hansw18, Mar 13, 2011.

1. hansw18

hansw18 Member

Hello,
    I am looking to the powers that be here on SF for a recommendation of a good quality brown shoe for a casual setting. I am 27 and would like to wear them with nice dark jeans and a button-down or navy dress/linen pants and a button-down. As of now the only pair of nice brown shoes I own is in a cap toe, which is too dressy for frequenting bars, restaurants, etc. I am looking to spend in the $200-$300 range, and any advice on style and color is more than welcome. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. cmacey

cmacey Senior member

Hello,
    I am looking to the powers that be here on SF for a recommendation of a good quality brown shoe for a casual setting. I am 27 and would like to wear them with nice dark jeans and a button-down or navy dress/linen pants and a button-down. As of now the only pair of nice brown shoes I own is in a cap toe, which is too dressy for frequenting bars, restaurants, etc. I am looking to spend in the $200-$300 range, and any advice on style and color is more than welcome. Thanks in advance for the help.

Just a few ideas:

http://www.theshoemart.com/allen-edm...m_sanibel.html

http://www.theshoemart.com/allen-edm..._winnetka.html

http://www.theshoemart.com/allen-edm...san_marco.html

http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=71

A little more than your cap:

http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=64

http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=118

3. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

SW&D will give you better answers. I like the Malvern from AE.

edit: Loafers with jeans!!!??? REally!!!???

4. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Why not? Simple leather shoes can go with anything.

5. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

how bout some alden indys?

6. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

...I think AE Sanford is back...a blucher with captoe brogue...you may want to check this out...Thinking about this myself instead of going English made for similar style and price points...

7. phailing101

phailing101 Senior member

I love the Tricker's Country Collection (both boots and shoes) for casual settings:

[​IMG]

8. Eustace

Eustace Senior member

SW&D will give you better answers. I like the Malvern from AE.

Suede loafers look awesome with jeans.

9. phxlawstudent

Suede loafers look awesome with jeans.
    Pics, or it isn't true. :p

10. ohdannyboy

ohdannyboy Senior member

probably a dumb question, but since it's on topic, i'll ask anyway. does anybody make slip-on bluchers?

11. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

probably a dumb question, but since it's on topic, i'll ask anyway. does anybody make slip-on bluchers?

I may be wrong but I would assume not. A blucher is defined by the open area at the bottom of a lace. If it has a lace then it wont be a slip on (traditionally at least), and if it doesn't have a lace then you can't make it a blucher.

12. ohdannyboy

ohdannyboy Senior member

I may be wrong but I would assume not. A blucher is defined by the open area at the bottom of a lace. If it has a lace then it wont be a slip on (traditionally at least), and if it doesn't have a lace then you can't make it a blucher.

that's why i thought it could be a stupid question, as i wasn't fully sure of what i was asking [​IMG]

i think a version of the question would be: does anybody know of any brands that sell brown leather slip-ons with no imbellishment and a rounded toe

13. phxlawstudent

that's why i thought it could be a stupid question, as i wasn't fully sure of what i was asking [​IMG]

i think a version of the question would be: does anybody know of any brands that sell brown leather slip-ons with no imbellishment and a rounded toe

Plenty. Santoni is one brand I had. Try Allen Edmonds or Alden, sorry for not knowing for sure, but I don't buy loafers.

14. ohdannyboy

ohdannyboy Senior member

Plenty. Santoni is one brand I had. Try Allen Edmonds or Alden, sorry for not knowing for sure, but I don't buy loafers.

thanks for the suggestion. unfortunately, i'm having trouble finding a pair without the "penny loafer" type strap (along the top of the foot). does anybody happen to know of any?

15. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

16. ohdannyboy

ohdannyboy Senior member

17. David Watts

David Watts Senior member

Go with chukkas or chelsea boots. Preferably in suede. Herring Shoes will have any number of options in your price range. For example: Boots. Suede.